WHAT IS THE FIND THAT YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most of us have at least one prized find that is our most favorite. Sometimes it can be hard when so many types of finds are out there. Is it a coin, a button, a relic, jewelry, CW, Revolutionary War or even something else? For me and my wife, it has to be the WWII GI Dog Tags that were returned to the families. I can easily see many things falling into the most favorite spot and for many different reasons. Could even be because of who you were with when it was found or who it actually belonged to.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looter i like this find... most likely worn by one of the unknown founders of our fine nation.... first time the USA was used on any military uniform .
History brother !
Picture 54 (2).jpg

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
this Indian wars button from Philadelphia it was made from 1870's to 1893 P1100173.JPG P1100174.JPG

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I haven't found a seated yet, which is at the top of my bucket list, I'll say my 1787 Fugio Cent. Not the greatest condition, but very cool old coin. It's also my oldest dated coin.

Attachments

• P5030767.JPG
    P5030767.JPG
    761.7 KB · Views: 54

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding Treasurenet.com and meeting many members in person. The times we hunted together are priceless and the memories will last a lifetime. The items dug during those hunts are just icing on the cake.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding Treasurenet.com and meeting many members in person. The times we hunted together are priceless and the memories will last a lifetime. The items dug during those hunts are just icing on the cake.

Good answer Loco-Digger

Every once in a while I'll find my youthful enthusiasm.

Everyday I'm looking forward in hopes I might find it again, but its like it tries to hide from me and people are always stealing it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not take a picture but my GREATEST find was finding a 83 year old female clients Mothers wedding ring she had lost about 40 years prior. She was jumping up and down screaming and CRYING !!!
It is times like that which makes it all worth while !!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been blessed through the years. I guess it's the one BIG find I gave away. I was at Stratford Hall, in Virginia a few years ago on a paid expedition for fossils. It was a few months after a hurricane, and no one had ventured down to the beach. My ancestors lived on that property 300 years ago. Then they sold it to this "Lee" family. You might have heard of them.

Anyway, I spotted a large whale vertebrate on the beach. Then another. Then another. We nearly filled up the small boat. About three years after the find I donated the whole thing to the museum there. IMG_0797.JPG The color resolution is not great but here are two of the bigger ones.

Imagine finding a Miocene fossil whale on the property your great great whatever grandparents owned 300 years ago. That's a mind blower. They're buried there somewhere.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to keep bringing it up but I am proudest of the find that was 45 years in the works. I found my first confederate button a few months ago. One was at the top of my bucket list ever since I started detecting in 1973. Well, less then a month after finding my first, the second one came along! First was a staff officers button and the second was a Georgia state seal one. both are damaged and there is no backmark on the first one and no back on the second but I am still doing the happy dance in my mind every time I think of them!

Attachments

• CS Eagle front 3 18 2018.jpg
    CS Eagle front 3 18 2018.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 57
  • CS Eagle back.jpg
    CS Eagle back.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Ga button 5.jpg
    Ga button 5.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 59

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has to be my 1790's flintlock mechanism. Looked like a rusty piece of iron junk when I dug it, but I saved it anyway. Eventually posted it here and got the flintlock ID. Cleaned it up with electrolysis and Evaporust and now it's the highlight of my collection.

DSC08369.JPG DSC08543.JPG

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not, the find that really got to me, was a Metate that had been broken. When the Lady that owned it died, part of the funeral service was to break her Metate, thereby releasing her spirit from a life of toil. When I stumbled up on it, the entire scenario was laid out before me. I could almost see it as it was.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine would have to be this bannerstone that I found nearly 30 years ago. I doubt that I will ever top it any category, but the possibility is what keeps me going.

banner.jpg banner1.jpg banner2.jpg

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been blessed through the years. I guess it's the one BIG find I gave away. I was at Stratford Hall, in Virginia a few years ago on a paid expedition for fossils. It was a few months after a hurricane, and no one had ventured down to the beach. My ancestors lived on that property 300 years ago. Then they sold it to this "Lee" family. You might have heard of them.

Anyway, I spotted a large whale vertebrate on the beach. Then another. Then another. We nearly filled up the small boat. About three years after the find I donated the whole thing to the museum there. View attachment 1584958 The color resolution is not great but here are two of the bigger ones.

Imagine finding a Miocene fossil whale on the property your great great whatever grandparents owned 300 years ago. That's a mind blower. They're buried there somewhere.

very cool find, have fossil hunted for years and love it. that is quite awesome!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has to be my 1790's flintlock mechanism. Looked like a rusty piece of iron junk when I dug it, but I saved it anyway. Eventually posted it here and got the flintlock ID. Cleaned it up with electrolysis and Evaporust and now it's the highlight of my collection.

View attachment 1585078 View attachment 1585079

having shot muzzle loaders since 1973, I love finding any old parts to one and that is super cool. it was worth the extra time to clean it up right and it sure looks awesome. I just found the hammer to a musket but a flintlock would be King in my book

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think my favorite find, is a hobby my kids and I enjoy doing together. It has given us a way to connect we did not have before.

20171001_135850.jpg
20170827_132559.jpg

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My second favorite find has to be this almost perfectly preserved Rifleman's cuff button found last summer, along with the 3- U*S buttons found at the same location, but on a different hunt.
Untitled.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread