Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently use the whites but i used to use a ww2 bayonet. Worked great and i may go back to it.
I started back in '80 with a bayonet, Ammo. Using a Hori now...closest thing to it out there, IMO. 😁

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I like a digger that has a hand guard. Purchased a Hori knife to try, but digging in this rocky clay - I could run my hand down that sharp blade and really regret that.

So, I just love my Lesche instead.

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m new and a buddy of mine gifted me a Garrett digging tool which I love because before that I was using a knife and a garden shovel. I don’t a ton about diggers but blades I know. After using the Garrett for a while I decided to reprofile the edge as it looked extremely blunt and dull. (At least as far as blades go) So I put it on my belt sander to change the geometry just slightly. I have to say it made a huge difference, so much so that I’ve gone back to the belt sander to fine tune it. The tip got more of a sharper point, the blade edges are slightly sharper and the serrated part got sharper and the points got filed. I’m loving it now and can’t see replacing it until it breaks.

Digemnega

Feb 10, 2018
Gillsville, GA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot, Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a whites shovel. I think it is called the ground hawg. I have a gator digger which is similar to a lesche.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Samson shovel in addition to the Lesche. I've only carried the Samson one time, but may use it again someday.

That shovel was heavy, and putting it in a holster, it kept bouncing off the side of my leg. That got very annoying quickly.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went with the basics. A Gardena (garden) trowel. Just sharpen with angle grinder, has been with me nearly 8 years.
I also have a black Ada shovel when not in a park/lawn etc.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
My lesche digger arrived yesterday. Went to my local park to try it out. Also to try out the NOX in the park for first time. (Only have used it on the beach a few times.) Liked the Lesche a lot. Easier digging then what I used before. Need more time to get use to the nox in a trashy park setting. Did manage a wheat and few coins. IMG_1370.JPG

OP
OP
Nick79

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a bad day for a park, nice

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one was a huge improvement from what I had. I'm happy with it View attachment 1593838

When that breaks, go for the Lesche :laughing7:

Really thou, I've bought a few cheapos which are a joke and even got a Garrett one given to me....broke.....Lesche i have had 2 of them for over 8 years...one has a crack, but still digs perfectly.

only reason it has a crack is because Im tough on my equipment.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging since the early '70s and I think too much emphasis is put on Brand names. I have a Garrett, I think, not sure, but I usually just use a hunting knife for parks/yards.
If target isn't too deep (3.5") I locate with brass probe----Make a 3" cut and retrieve with my Hemostat.
If deeper I cut a "V" 3" per side and pry/hinge up with said knife or digger------------then probe or used PP.
I don't like to do 270 degree circles as my "V" will kill way less grass.
I could probably take one of each preferred on this topic and all would perform well.
I enjoy searching around large trees and that opens a new can of worms-----Then you need a digger that will get you through roots.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread