Fun Times in Comanche, Texas Today !

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time at today's Central Texas Treasure Club's Picnic at the beautiful Comanche (Texas) City Park and I think everyone else that attended did too. I didn't count but I'd estimate that we had about 20 people in attendance there today. A big "Thank You" goes out to Don and Janice Sims, our members who organized and carried out this very nice event for our club. Our club's Secretary Max Richardson established a new activity for our club which I believe will become a fun tradition for years to come. He buried a small treasure cache at a spot inside of the huge park and at 11:00 a.m. gave all the attendees one clue to help them narrow down their search. Our member Jerome Spencer took that single clue and was able to locate the cache within a very short period of time. As the winner, he gets to keep all of the items in the cache jar and will prepare the next cache, bury it, and give his clues to those in attendance at our next regular monthly club meeting on Tuesday, July 3rd. Members John and Dawn Meeks' son John David found a nice Eisenhower dollar coin and a buffalo nickel while detecting in the park during the event. These coins were not buried by the club in advance. The only prize we buried was the treasure cache. He left all of us "old pros" in the dust today.
1f642.png
:) Congratulations to Jerome and John David! Max, Ralph, and I carpooled to the Picnic and when we left about 1:15, several members were still enjoying their time in the park.
If you live anywhere in the Central Texas area and have an interest in metal detecting/treasure hunting, I urge you to join our club. If you join and participate in at least some of our many activities and meetings, your very minimal dues will be the best money you spend this year. If you don't live in our area, please check out the nearest treasure/metal detecting club in your area and get involved.
Happy Hunting!
~Texas Jay
Central Texas Treasure Club

ComancheCityPark2.jpg ComancheCityPark1.jpg 31107-1.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Up until December 2017, I had a ranch in Somervell County. I wish I had known about the club back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread