A very mean Rooster and a little Girl

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, guys, I know commenting about animal abuse is a lost cause here. But I just had to give it a shot.

I also know that roosters are nasty critters that will peck your eyes out if you give them a chance.

A kid badly beating a Rooster that constantly attacks them is understandable as they are young and accidentally killing one that does the same is understandable as well when the person is constantly attacked. It is not what I would condone doing but somewhat like disciplining your children, animals sometimes have to be taught what they cannot do and that there are consequences when they do otherwise. Let a Game Rooster fly onto your' head and peck, flog and even spur you and see how you react when it happens. And Duckshot is totally correct that livestock are not pets even though some folks and especially children often treat them as such, therefore different laws concerning treatment apply.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love stories, Great story thanks.:icon_thumleft:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
apparently you've never been attacked by a nasty rooster...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And another animal abuse story. Nice...

No abuse. He was DRT ("Dead Right There").

He was delicious in the soup, as well. A little tough but tasty.

Farm animals and wild creatures don't get happy retirement in spite of Disney and E.B. White.

Let me tell you about the raccoon I found eating a shrieking chicken by pulling what he could through the chicken-wire a little at a time. He had about 1/3 gone when I showed up. I shot them both.

Life is cruel and sometimes death can be mercy. Look up the origin of "Coup de grâce"

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I just think that animals that are slaughtered for food should be killed in merciful way and not abused first for some sick person's pleasure...

Why do you feel the need to so strongly push your beliefs and ideas on others? You seem to jump up at arms with the mention of something thats only minimally related to what offends you. From gun control to animals, you seem to come out swinging with no pause to stop and think. Kids got attacked by rooster, they took care of business and protected themselves. Whats the problem here? It's not like he buried the thing up to it's neck and ran it over with a lawn mower or something that is actually sick twisted abuse.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you guys feel the need to post comments about how you or your rug rat abused an animal? I come here to read about metal detecting finds, not about some uneducated person (or his uneducated kid) abusing animals. Works both way...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not what I would condone doing but somewhat like disciplining your children, animals sometimes have to be taught what they cannot do and that there are consequences when they do otherwise.

Abusing an animal (or a kid) doesn't teach them anything, except to fear and hate you. Try picking on someone your own size and see how it feels for YOU to be "taught" a lesson for YOUR actions.

I've spent most of my life kicking the crap out of jerks who abuse animals. Doesn't teach them anything, but it sure makes me feel good! LOL!

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story dirt!! Thank you for sharing! Had a similar experience when my daughters were young and I raised chickens. My youngest daughter is now 41 and still is afraid of chickens.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I always enjoy Your stories. You can always make Chicken salad out of Chicken Sh-t.:laughing.:laughing7:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abusing an animal (or a kid) doesn't teach them anything, except to fear and hate you. Try picking on someone your own size and see how it feels for YOU to be "taught" a lesson for YOUR actions.

I've spent most of my life kicking the crap out of jerks who abuse animals. Doesn't teach them anything, but it sure makes me feel good! LOL!

Wait so its ok if YOU abuse animals but if some kids defend themselves it's not? The balls on you to try and call out people and act virtuous is appalling. Especially when you then tell them they are uneducated and talk about how you are "billy bad ass" beating people up. BUT i'm sure violence is ok for the right reason correct? oh wait just your reasons, I get it now.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't go around abusing anyone in this world, but I won't tolerate someone abusing an animal, a kid or a woman. If I see it, I stop it. End of story.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

You don't have to abuse an animal or a child to discipline them and teach them what not to do. The problem with this world today and for the last 30 years or more is due to folks like you that think giving a child candy or a video game can shut up an unruly and loud child or that it teaches them when they have done wrong. Positive reinforcement and proper discipline not abuse is what they need and if given correctly, there would not be so many bullies, so many murderers and thieves out there. A proper spanking is sometimes needed without interference from those that think any kind of spanking is abuse and turn you into Child Services which then makes your life a living hell. Timeouts and taking privileges away works some of the time with some children but not all and when that happens, then harsher punishment is needed. The problem of latch key children and video games that have violence and/or killing in them, should be fixed.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why do you guys feel the need to post comments about how you or your rug rat abused an animal? I come here to read about metal detecting finds, not about some uneducated person (or his uneducated kid) abusing animals. Works both way...

Perhaps you should read the thread titles and avoid/not open the ones that are obviously unrelated to metal detecting finds?

Why torture yourself?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

This is the General Discussion Forum where we can post and discuss just about anything we want to except Political stuff and other things prohibited in Treasure Net's rules and policies. This Forum is not used for Metal Detecting finds but can be if a person so chooses.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder if freebird would have beat TP up yesterday i personally watched him take his knife out and chop up a...chicken of the woods...viciously off a tree

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great that people care about animals but treating food like pets is abusive, somehow, in my opinion. Besides, surely there are exceptions to the nobility of respect for animals. The other day I found a deer tick and roasted it with a disposable butane lighter. No remorse whatsoever.

Actually, I felt pretty good about it! :thumbsup:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter,

Your story brings back painful but at the same time fond memories of when I was about 3 or 4 years old. My dad raised Game Roosters to sell and had quite a few Game Hens and one ornery Game Rooster that would come after me every time I came off the screened back porch where we lived. The Rooster would fly up onto the top of my' head, peck and flog me and on several occasions spurred me on my' head and shoulders. My Mom told my Dad about this on several occasions but since he kept the mean Rooster around for fertilizing eggs, he kind of blew it off since he was never there when it happened and didn't see the attack on me. Well, one kind of warm Saturday morning in the late Fall, my Dad was off from work for once and was splitting kindling on a large stump. I stepped on to the back porch steps when coming outside and immediately, the Rooster flew up on my' head and started flogging and pecking me. My Dad saw this and quickly ran over, grabbed the Rooster by it's neck, took him over to the stump and quickly lopped off his' head with the double bitted axe. My Dad then stated "Now let's see you peck anybody else you son of a b&*$%" and then hollered at my Mom "Myrtle, come and get this Rooster and pluck him because we are going to have him for supper". Boy was I glad to see that Rooster go!
Lol, huntsman your story also somewhat parells mine. In the middle 1950s my folds rented a farmhouse from personal friends of theirs. The landlord also a farmer didn't use the barn or other outbuildings so my dad kept a couple milk cows, about 4 pigs, and we'll over 100 chickens which mom made egg money from and also occasionally four or so chickens should get taken in a coup to the feed and poultry/elevator store in town.

Anyway most of our chickens were white leghorns along with a few Rhode island reds and four Banties which were my personal pets.

Our chicken house was across the gravel road and back about 100 yards from our house, the chickens had free range. On two occasions when I was 5 or 6 and I was sent across the round with a basket to get eggs. This one particular leghorn rooster would let me enter the chicken house but would lay in wait for me to come out and than fly up on my chest and flog and peck me about the head. I would scream bloody murder and holler for mom. She would rush across the road as fast as she could and beat that beast off of me.

The evening of the second time she told dad when he came home and he went and caught it and carried it down to the woodpile for our wood burning kitchen cookstove, laid its head across his chopping block and chopped its head off and I got to eat that rooster for supper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread