Question regarding metal detecting at soccer fields?

Gulfcapt25

Aug 23, 2007
New Orleans La - The Big Easy-
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello Everyone,
I am curious of your expierences metal detecting soccer fields. Below is a image of a local soccer field in my area. I have detected near the bleachers on both sides of this field and found several dollars in clad. I want to know your opinions and where you have found your best finds on soccer fields. I havent detected anywhere in the field itself yet. Let me know what you think. John

Attachments

• soccer field.jpg
    soccer field.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 594

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the most luck right at the start of the goal line back...I think piggman1 does a lot of soccer field hunting. He would probably know more than I would. HH..looks like a nice place to hunt.

R

robert roy

I have only MDed at one field. Its really huge! There are no bleachers however.
The people in attendance sit on the side lines or stand depending on the weather. I have NEVER found anything in the center where the players are. You could probably try and maybe get lucky, but me personally,...it has been a lost cause. Never know though.
Good Luck

Robert Roy

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i don't do them as often as i would like but,, i do the goals first, then up the middle, the sidelines, then use the lines and do half at a time, 2.5 yards, straight across em....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've hit tons of soccer fields around here. If there are no bleachers, search to about 5 feet to the left and right of the side and end lines, all the area around the goals, and in the circles in the center of the field. This will put you in the highest concentration areas for clad. But, if I were you, I'd be thorough and do a systematic search of the entire field. I found almost all my jewelry inside the fields themselves. Good luck!

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
I have had the most luck along the sidelines and at and behind the goal. Same for Football fields. The most coins are behing the goal posts.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Colorado Kidd said:
I have had the most luck along the sidelines and at and behind the goal. Same for Football fields. The most coins are behing the goal posts.
Same for me. I find the most behind the goals.
HH, Mike in NJ

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I have a couple of fields that I search. There are a few bleachers but most of the folks sit along the side lines. If you happen to pass by during the games you can make a mental note of where every one is sitting or just follow the 'debris field' ( trash trail) after the game. The debris field ( trash trail) is the mess that they leave behind. Bits of paper, tin foil, bottle caps, peanut shells etc... a good indication where the crowd was.

Happy Hunting

Ray S

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of times, when a few folks have friendly games after school or on weekends, they will place their valuables at the backside of the base of the end posts that support the soccor nets. Apparently that's handy and the goalies can keep an eye on the stuff. That's where I've found patches of coins. A friend and I were searching soccor fields in OKC at Capital Hill High School in about 1996. I was walking along one sideline while he was walking down the very middle of the field. He popped up a beautiful solid yellow gold man's onyx ring with initial. ;D About 2 minutes later I found a bent dimestore girls ring. ::) There were 3 soccor fields in that one complex so we proceeded on to the second one where HE popped out a lady's opal ring, on centerline, and I found pop-tops on the sideline. HUH! Well, I had MY time on another day. :P :P

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Something to think about:

During an actual soccer game (or any other type of game), how many players wear jewlery & carry change in their pockets? Most is in their locker.

Now, throw-in the kids who use the fields to play, the "older" kids who play their Thanksgiving Day Mud Bowl Football game, kids who ride their bikes on it like a race track, the high school seniors who want to "score" at centerfield ;D

My point is that a sports field, regardless of the type, can be used for just about any reason, by about anyone. I know at least one school grounds that get used for a very large car show.

Don't limit yourself by simply envisioning one particular sport on that particular field. Sure, hit those "hot spots".....but then go back & check the entire field.

Smitty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
I've hit tons of soccer fields around here. If there are no bleachers, search to about 5 feet to the left and right of the side and end lines, all the area around the goals, and in the circles in the center of the field. This will put you in the highest concentration areas for clad. But, if I were you, I'd be thorough and do a systematic search of the entire field. I found almost all my jewelry inside the fields themselves. Good luck!
for me its the opposite ive found all mine(jewelry) on or outside the out of bound lines
then again i dont have the patients to do the whole feild ::)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
1 add-on... between fields there's a strip that's "neutral territory" this is a good spot too.....

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I agree that most of the clad finds and some jewlery are on the sidelines and around the goals. My town doesn't allow jewlery to be worn by the players so they take it off and put it in their equipment bags or on other clothing. I especially check the players sideline. No jewlery to speak of but the clad is good.
HH Roy

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I should have put a caveat in my response. I've found the most rings on the field itself, but they were almost all accompanied by coin spills, and on more than one occasion I've found rings with coins actually stuck into the finger hole. The fields around here don't have locker rooms, so if a player doesn't have someone to hold their stuff, it goes in their pocket. (Leagues here don't allow jewelry on the field either.)

R

robert roy

HUmmmmm. Thats all very interesting.

I was at another field today ( Plainfield IN ) Its got to be the cleanest field I have even been on! Found a few pennies. The two quarters and handfull of pennies were not found on the field or the sidelines this time, but right where the cars park. People have a tendency to reach for their keys when they leave and pull out small change as well that falls into the geass.

About finding anything in the MIDDLE of the fields, this has not been my experience. Usually I expect that people leave their valuables, rings etc in the car or at home. SOmething else as well: one field I search is mostly where the little kids up to elamentary and high school play. Perhaps thats a reason I don't find anything out there. But who knows?

RR

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Searching the whole field can be productive if you have the time and patience. I have a very large field at one of the local parks that is configured for two to three soccor games. It took me several weekends by I walked the entire field and came up with over $30 in clad.

Ray S.

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
the areas I have boxed I would be tempted to search first as they are the worn area a lot o action took place there as well as the side lines

Attachments

• football2.JPG
    football2.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 203

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What I did was I googled local soccer organizations. All that got me was kids clubs. That's ok for coins here and there but I want jewelry. Then I asked around specifically to the Hispanic crowd. I acted like I was interested in the sport itself and many a Latino were thrilled to tell me when and where organized clubs play. The reason I picked Hispanic soccer organizations is because they tend to really enjoy gold bling. Catholic necklaces and rings. Alot of 14k. A fellow detectorist turned me on to this idea. It can get frustrating because for me anyways jewelry values are the same as pull tabs for my detector (gold AT) and I'll spend plenty of time pulling tabs, but I'd rather pull 100 tabs and 1 gold ring than 101 coins

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel you on the Hispanic community's local adult field... I have considered hunting here in my town, just haven't gotten the gumption to do it yet. hope you do well....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions