What exercise should i do for gaining weights?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
To build muscle you need to lift heavy weights,to tone muscle you go for repetitions with lighter weights.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do change your diet to higher protein , also begin researching weightlifting , you can do this. I would actually seek out someone who knows this (a trainer) you need to know what you are doing ! Your health depends on doing this slowly , with a logical plan .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy who weighed 137 pounds went to Alaska. By the time he came back a year later he was a husky f'er.

AND THE NUMBER 1 ANSWER... Medical cannabis.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eat carbs !!1 Then Bend your elbow , Open Lips , Chew and then SWALLOW !!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on 50 lbs. of muscle (from 115 to 165) during my high school days.........that was some time ago.
But, the recipe was 3 square every day and a mid afternoon high protein, high complex carb, high fat drink with additional vitamins and minerals snack........ peanut butter sandwiches and chocolate milk. Workouts with free weights 2 consecutive days (one day upper body/one day lower body) with the 3rd day an off day.........work your core every day. Everyone has a different metabolism rate.........I had very good results in 6 months and my total transformation took 12 months.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you wanting to gain weight or build muscle? Two different things really. I'm the same size as I was when I graduated high school in 73. If you saw me wearing shorts, you would say 'Are those your legs or are you riding a chicken?', so I'm skinny. I tried different things to gain some weight, just to get a little heavier, but nothing worked. If your weight doesn't pose a health problem, you probably shouldn't worry about it.

dianethomas

Jul 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gaining weight is very raw term as you can gain weight by unhealthy lifestyle, eating junk etc our body consists of various weights that is bone weight, organs weight, water weight and muscle weight. what you must focus upon is muscle weight. Calculate your BMI, Lean body mass and accordingly calculate protein requirement per kg of lean muscle mass not over all body weight. Consult a professional as online suggestions and advises not always work better as the person cannot actually see you so its difficult to make out your body type, posture etc. Give importance to all the factors in terms of food, exercise and lifestyle. All the best:)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke for 5 Years then Quit.
you'll Balloon Up :thumbsup:

(*5 Years is just a Guess. May take much Less
or Much More ), A steady Diet of These for Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner Will also Help
images.jpg

I smoked for 10 Years, was 110 Lbs / size 27 Jeans.
Quit Smoking & ate Cakes instead of smoking,
then hit 275 size 38 Jeans in short order.

You Asked... please Don't shoot the Messenger :coffee2:

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried gaining weight and getting "jacked" years ago. I ran into the same problem. I was eating 10,000 calories a day Plus a weight gainer protien shake that had 2,200 calories. so almost 13,000 calories a day. I lifted and worked out over a period of about 8 months and ate that much every day. I even Tried eating larger meals less often to try and forcibly slow my metabolism. I gained 5 lbs over 8 months and thats it. I got cut and you could see every strand of muscle, but no bigger and hardly heavier at all. So if you are like me its nearly hopeless. I gave up because I couldn't afford to feed myself.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well based on the title, I would say the exercise of pulling your' wallet out when you see some weights at a flea market, yard sale or at a sporting goods store!:tongue3:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up skinny. At the age of 18 i was 5 foot 7 and 117 pounds. I was like Spiderman when it came to athletics. One arm pull-ups were easy, my grip strength was ineradicable from a lifetime of Judo and i have no doubts if American ninja warrior was around back then, i would have gone all the way without a sweat!

At 19 i was found to have Graves Disease, (Over active Thyroid with a goiter) They Gave me some Radioactive Iodine and told me to keep away from pregnant women for 30 days and then boom! My weight skyrocked to 170 in just a few months. With medication, I leveled out at 155 and have gained a little more over the years. Currently i am 163 and need to loose a little.

So...have your thyroid checked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions