chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously doubt that this guy has ever killed anyone.

So you can tell someones past just by looking at a photograph? Is this a natural gift or did you consult your LRD?

chub

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story!

I had a $500 car stereo when I was younger, someone ripped it out and was caught walking down 5th ave with it. I didn't get it back for SIX WHOLE MONTHS because it was the one piece of evidence that made the difference between petty and grand larceny, so they held it onto it until the trial.

So yeah, this guy was bailed out within 24 hours and my car stereo did six months in jail! Shows you how the system works, doesn't it? Me a (semi) law-abiding citizen having to drive around for half a year with wires dangling from a hole in my dashboard because the court system couldn't use a picture of my stereo but rather needed the physical item in their possession. Unreal.

Anyway, that's why I got a chuckle when you said "we get our stuff back next week". You got off easy! :tongue3:

Congrats on catching the guy. Starsky & Hutch rule.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Smartphone uploads of unarmed by standers shot for no reasonable reason is called what ? TP

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what you do in a civilized society. Sorry, boys, but the Old West days are long gone.

tell that to the criminals walking around with guns concealed illegally

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that the thief was apprehended, your belongings were recovered, you were able to find the ring, and nobody got hurt.
Hope a little time in jail helps straighten the junkie out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red and Tim, end the sniping at each other it violates our rules.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chub! Thank God you and your family were not harmed. The fact that you GOT the guy makes me very happy for you. Wow, what a story!! :hello2::hello2:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Tim, Tin...You have every right to Choose to Carry and/or use a gun to defend yourself, your property and loved ones or Not use a gun when you've been attacked or invaded but just remember that guy had No Good Reason to be in Chub's home... he wasn't up to Any Good. I won't go with maybe's or probabilities in those situations. I respect your right to choose though. Just like I respect the others here who choose to use. Thank God he saw them come home and ran... who knows what he would of done to them if surprised.

Had it been me and he was inside when I walked in my home... he would of left with assistance either to the hospital or morgue. I wouldn't of assumed he probably meant no harm nor would I think someone would show up with a gun to save me. I also wouldn't of needed to change my panties. I look at that situation as he made his decision and I made mine.

My home is high fenced, gated and extremely secure in a Very Safe (according to insurance and statistics) neighborhood...but one night about 1:30am while out in the shop, my dog who was laying there under the boat all of a sudden took off barking and growling towards the driveway gates...I looked up at the security cameras monitor and it was some guy trying to climb the gates with just a pair of...all I can describe them as...Daisy Dukes on... nothing else. He had seen me, but not my Rottweiler. I hadn't heard or seen him, but she had.

I got my gun out of the holster and he took off towards my elderly neighbors home. I called 911 and I also flipped on the side flood lights on the shop that partially lit up their place and he was trying to scale their high fence. Anyway LE caught him and he was a home invader/rapist that had broken in and raped several women, teenage girls and beaten men in their homes. He didn't have a gun, but he had a 6" hunting knife. Thank God for my Dog and my Gun... That guy wasn't just dropping by to visit. He was also wasted on something???

It doesn't matter where you live or how secure or safe you think you are... it can happen anywhere. I carry when Metal Detecting... even in local parks.

Chub now has to rightly think that it's probably gonna happen again since that POS will tell everyone he can what's in Chub's home. So in my opinion Everyone In His Home needs to know how to use a gun that's best suited for them to protect themselves...that means situational training for all obviously since kids are there... even though it sounds like he lives in a secure area. Again, Just My Opinion and His Decision. My father insisted on it when I was growing up but I realize not everyone believes that way.

I just went through this with my elderly mother... we've always had guns in the home as hunters and for home protection. Now that she's older, she can't handle a larger firearm... so as her physical abilities have changed due to age she now has a snubnose .38 revolver that I hope she never has to use... but even though in a struggle it could be taken from her, she at least has a better chance than with nothing. The home is alarmed and is as secure as possible.

If law abiding citizens give up the right to carry and use firearms... only criminals will have them and use them. Every veteran has fought for that right to choose. In my opinion with all the drugs like meth out there it's worse than ever before.

I sincerely hope nothing ever happens to you or your loved ones that makes you wish you had a gun to protect them or yourself. I really mean that.

Kace

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Chub, I know how it feels but on a much smaller, almost daily scale. We own a retail business. Out here in the Peoples Republic of Californication it's not really stealing if the value is less than $950. Yup! You read that right! Out here you can walk into any business and take almost anything you want as long as the retail value is less than $950. If you get caught, you'll receive a "citation."

Congratz on catching the chump! I admire your restraint in not pummeling him, but hope you at least gave him a few thumps!

Glad your family was unhurt.

Grease

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , you have many options . When i was young i worked at nights in a bakery . On night only one other and myself were working away we could hear unsettling sounds from the shop next door .A unknown guest had climbed through the small window at the back of the shop . My work buddy rang the cops and could grabbed any sort of large knife or dangerous object to prevent this person from climbing out the window . I thought quickly and took a huge cast iron frypan. One for protection and second did not want the cops pulling their guns on me when turned up. The intruder got arrested and cops couldn't stop laughing .. One asked me why the frypan. I answered tool of the trade .Cannot be arrested for that . They took a statement from us and left. Best all no one got hurt. Try thinking before you act. Tp

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here we go again. This guy turns every thread into a "you need a gun" thread. Dude, spend more time metal detecting and less time obsessing over guns. Geez!
You must not watch the news. Watching the daily news in Atlanta in the morning is to take count on how many murders, car jackings, home invasions and rapes have occurred the previous night. No, one needs to be armed in this day. You don't have to go around flaunting the fact that you are armed and showing your piece to the multitudes. It is best to be stealth and keep the fact that you are armed to yourself. It is best to have some things and not need them at times than to get caught out and need them and not have them. A weapon is one of these things in todays world. The Criminal element has made this so. Criminals are always looking for easy targets and sometimes the Element of Surprise is the best or second best weapon. I hate that our society has gotten to the point to where we are today, but again this is due to the Criminal mindless wonders. Our society will only continue to worsen until our lawmakers grow a set and set the standard in capital punishment for these brutal and serious crimes. This is just IMHO which I know doesn't account for much. Just my 2 cents worth.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chub, I like the others here are so glad that your family was not injured during this Creeps (being polite here), home robbery. You know a hundred years ago or so a horse thief or cattle rustler was hung by the neck because this property was so hard to obtain and meant so much to the livelihood of hard working honest folks. It would certainly take a lot of rope to take care of the thieves running amuck today. Our justice system needs to stop slapping these thugs on the wrist. The tattooed teardrops on this Thugs face speaks volumes.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chub, I know how it feels but on a much smaller, almost daily scale. We own a retail business. Out here in the Peoples Republic of Californication it's not really stealing if the value is less than $950. Yup! You read that right! Out here you can walk into any business and take almost anything you want as long as the retail value is less than $950. If you get caught, you'll receive a "citation."

Congratz on catching the chump! I admire your restraint in not pummeling him, but hope you at least gave him a few thumps!

Glad your family was unhurt.

Grease

This is hard to imagine. It's almost like saying you can't prosecute someone for murder if they only shoot or stab their victim once and they die. They could only be charged for murder if they shoot or stab their victim x amount of times. Where in the world has Morality and Common Sense gone in our country?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is NOT the politics forum, post by forum rules.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go again. This guy turns every thread into a "you need a gun" thread. Dude, spend more time metal detecting and less time obsessing over guns. Geez!

I take it you are obsessing about "you don't need a gun", rather than detecting?

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To move away from the discussion of whether you need a gun or not (and you do), and since the original post asked if we have ever had a similar experience, I'll tell a quick story.

My beloved mother passed away about a year and a half ago. As an only child, I inherited everything including my childhood home. That home is in a small town in NC and was a great place to grow up. Unfortunately, such is not the case now. With the many changes that have occurred over time, my hometown has declined significantly. My childhood home is now in what is essentially crack-wh@re central.

The house was recently broken into and some crack heads moved in for a couple of weeks until I found out that had happened. I went to the house and, after having the local police department clear the house, I went in and started clearing out the criminal's worldly possessions (wearing gloves, of course). Among the items in the house were a crack pipe, aluminum foil packets of methamphetamine - which the police took - and a hypodermic needle suitable for shooting heroin. The perps had also broken into my father's work shed and ransacked the place looking for anything they could sell for another dose of whatever they needed to get through the day. As it turns out, I had removed anything of real value years ago. Joke's on them!

At the house I took everything that was not toxic out to the back of the lot and burned it. The rest of their crap went into the garbage can. As I was leaving, a somewhat sketchy looking couple (my opinion) drove up in a van and started going through the garbage can set out at the street. Miraculously, they found about 20 pounds of copper wire in the bottom of the can. I asked them exactly what the #e!! they were doing and they responded, "just junking". I made them leave the copper, and got a picture of their license plate. I relayed that info to the local PD. To no one's surprise, they were later found to be common thieves who were using neighborhood garbage cans to store their "finds" until they could come back to retrieve them.

While there was really nothing of value left in the house, I was infuriated by the fact that some low life scum thought it was perfectly OK to enter my property, use drugs where my mother held WMU circle meetings, and set up housekeeping. I get it that some folks will have sympathy for the common thieves that broke into my house saying that the perps were down on their luck, had a bad childhood, or were in some way disenfranchised from the American dream. I say that they were reaping the rewards of having squandered the myriad of opportunities for a free public education and were laboring under the false impression that I owed them something. Wrong.

I'm glad that no one was hurt and that the damage to the house was confined to a broken window, stains and burns on the carpet, and un-flushed toilets. While the police department did a superb job of handling the break-in, I was well prepared to defend myself should any of the drug addicts come out of the house with bad intent.

So ends my rant.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it that some folks will have sympathy for the common thieves that broke into my house saying that the perps were down on their luck, had a bad childhood, or were in some way disenfranchised from the American dream. I say that they were reaping the rewards of having squandered the myriad of opportunities for a free public education and were laboring under the false impression that I owed them something. Wrong.

Check your privilege bro, it's 2018 after all. Nowadays when a person can point their finger at some convenient scapegoat or circumstance as the reason that they are worthless human beings, it means that they don't possess "free will" like the rest of us and all their stupid or malevolent decisions actually weren't their decisions, and are entirely someone else's fault. How can they be responsible for their actions when this country isn't a heavenly utopian paradise and life isn't perpetually fair and perfect in every conceivable respect for absolutely everyone? Geez, way to microaggress and melt my snowflake... :sadsmiley:

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread