Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
This is hard to imagine. It's almost like saying you can't prosecute someone for murder if they only shoot or stab their victim once and they die. They could only be charged for murder if they shoot or stab their victim x amount of times. Where in the world has Morality and Common Sense gone in our country?

Dog, it's really not far from that now. Think about it honestly and objectively. If you can, and do read, you've read a number of accounts wherein a crook successfully sued a victim. Here's a hypothetical. Joe the burglar gets shot while in somebody's home while actively robbing it. JB suffers life altering consequences of being shot and successfully sues Johnny Homeowner for injuries sustained while committing said crime. We're there already!!

PS...don't misunderstand the "can and do" part about reading. Most Americans only want to look at a picture. Very few really do actually READ.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'am glad you got your stuff back....and that the "perp"was arrested and no harm came to you or your family. Thieves are a detriment to our society.

I was involved with bail enforcement AKA bounty hunter. I was helping out my cousin as his partner suffered from a on the job injury. I should have researched thee... on the job injury. Bail jumpers don't really want to get caught. Duh....
I encountered absolute scumbags that would do anything to avoid being caught. After a few months of getting punched...chasing a-holes around, and sitting in a car watching... waiting for hours, the job had a negative influence on me. I could fight fast, for 6' 5" and 275... and still got bit, spit on, kicked/punched in the nads .... I wore a cup after that...took two times.. I was accidentally tased by my cousin during an apprehension... that was the last straw! I wanted to beat him but he is a lot bigger then me!

So, carrying a gun...yes. Concealed only, used for the ....hope it never happens... encounter. Don't brandish it.

I'm sure Tim will show up and voice his opinion per the norm...I could tell him bite me...:laughing7:
But not until he joins the political forum. Hey there are two libs there.. so you won't be alone.

Last edited:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the thawing snowflake.

I know how hard it is when you have to defer desires, make good decisions, choose to stay in school and pay attention, and work hard. If I had enough tissues for everyone on the site, I'd offer you one but, since I don't, that wouldn't be fair to those who didn't get one.

NOTE: For those who are offended by this post, I wish I could care.

Have a nice day.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thieves have no sympathy coming from me. In the last good while a lot of motivation has been taken away from our society regarding getting a job, holding a job, and working an honest job as a career. To a lot of the young generation today (Low Lives Only), it is easier to sit back, smoke, shoot up, drink, and when you get low or need a fix go steal and take from those who have worked hard for what little they have. Nothing worse than a Thief in my book. We need to go back and make our prisons a little less accommodating and not such a nice place to be.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dog, it's really not far from that now. Think about it honestly and objectively. If you can, and do read, you've read a number of accounts wherein a crook successfully sued a victim. Here's a hypothetical. Joe the burglar gets shot while in somebody's home while actively robbing it. JB suffers life altering consequences of being shot and successfully sues Johnny Homeowner for injuries sustained while committing said crime. We're there already!!

PS...don't misunderstand the "can and do" part about reading. Most Americans only want to look at a picture. Very few really do actually READ.

It's like the old pirate saying: "Dead men tell No Tales......or sues." Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these itching to shoot someone, but if one breaks into my home while my family and I are home, deadly force will be initiated for we will be in fear of our lives. The way society is today, one can't take the chance that a thief will be a good guy and just beat the heck out of your family or worse, and then just rob you and leave you alone. If a thief breaks into your home while you are at home, they are either crazy, drugged up, or just plain mean, maybe just a combination of all 3. At any rate they deserve exactly what they get or what the homeowner has in their hands.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thieves have no sympathy coming from me. In the last good while a lot of motivation has been taken away from our society regarding getting a job, holding a job, and working an honest job as a career. To a lot of the young generation today (Low Lives Only), it is easier to sit back, smoke, shoot up, drink, and when you get low or need a fix go steal and take from those who have worked hard for what little they have. Nothing worse than a Thief in my book. We need to go back and make our prisons a little less accommodating and not such a nice place to be.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i will never forget this story. My great grandfather God rest his soul was outside doing some work when there dog started to go crazy he went inside grabbed the shotgun went outside and the dog was chasing the thief. The thief climb the fence when he got to the top he turned around to make sure nobody was following him then he turned again and about that time my great grandfather lit his butt up with bird shot the thief was arrested when he went to the hospital

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i will never forget this story. My great grandfather God rest his soul was outside doing some work when there dog started to go crazy he went inside grabbed the shotgun went outside and the dog was chasing the thief. The thief climb the fence when he got to the top he turned around to make sure nobody was following him then he turned again and about that time my great grandfather lit his butt up with bird shot the thief was arrested when he went to the hospital
This was a Double Whammy in more than one way. Lol The Thief got exactly what he deserved.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to make my own special loads from bird shot rounds.Pull out some of the wedding and you could fit 4 .50 caliber muzzle loader balls in place of the bird shot.Another load was a bunch of quarter inch ball bearings.:laughing7:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure Tim will show up and voice his opinion as per the norm...I could tell him bite me

Right back at you. Maybe if you took a self-defense course and cut back on the beers, you wouldn't feel the need to carry a gun. At your alleged 6'5" and 275, you are considered obese. Time for a diet, slim.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres one for you.....Many moons ago while driving home from the shooting range,I was stopped waiting for a red-light to change.I happen to notice movement in the rear views.What was it ? Two black males late teens approaching one with a knife,one with a baseball bat. I didn't know them and My 68 Vet only had two seats,as we all know . As the guy with the knife approached the passenger door and started to open it, I grabbed my 6" Colt Python 357 mag,cocked it and said,can I help you ? His eyes enlarged 4 fold.Dropped the knife ,the other guy dropped the bat,and they ran away at mach 3.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to make my own special loads from bird shot rounds.Pull out some of the wedding and you could fit 4 .50 caliber muzzle loader balls in place of the bird shot.Another load was a bunch of quarter inch ball bearings.:laughing7:

Hardened steel bearings are probably not good for your shotgun bore or choke.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just imagine what you are considered there Tim and I'm not talking about weight issues.LMBOROTF

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my current BMI.

sss.png

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just imagine what you are considered there Tim and I'm not talking about weight issues.LMBOROTF

I could care less what anyone thinks about me. Haven't cared since I was ten years old. I live for myself and no one else in this world.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the personal attacks. You'll be on vacation in no time, boy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread