To catch a THIEF .... Feels so good! - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree465Likes

Thread: To catch a THIEF .... Feels so good!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wow! He doesn't look fat to me....
    BMI charts must not understand some people... arn't stick boys!
    Atypical example and a steroid freak as well. Unfortunately, most people your size don't look like that.
    Last edited by FreeBirdTim; Jul 31, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13221 times
    Metal Detecting
    your neighbors have a substantial security force? who the heck are you? is peyton manning your neighbor?
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    833 times
    The more I read one certain person's posts, the more I find several adages to be applicable :

(1) Tis' better to be thought a fool and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt,
    (2) Never miss a good opportunity to shut up,
    (3) Never argue with a stupid person. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience, and
    (4) In the words of the philosopher, Ron White, "You can't fix stupid".

Just saying.
    GB1, Megalodon, Kace and 6 others like this.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13221 times
    Metal Detecting
    you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    833 times
    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff ... please check your ego at the door. Not only am I talking to you, I'm talking about you. Who else could it possibly be.

Dang kids.
    ---------------------

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11552 times
    Yeh OK.
    Here is a pic of me from 1991, 232lbs

Name:  old photos three.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  16.3 KB

Which according to the BMI makes me overweight. Hmmmmm Invisible fat?
    I have a lot more muscle now and could lose what little gut I have about 10 lbs. My brother in law is a sports medicine doctor and said the BMI does not take in to consideration large bones, bone density and athletic builds... not a stick boy. I have met a few people from this forum in person that can verify that I'm not fat but very muscular.... but I asked them and they don't like you... as most people don't so.......
    Last edited by Oregon Viking; Jul 30, 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3086 times
    He needs to lose a lot of weight if he wants to go treasure hunting.
    wainzoid likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have met a few people from this forum in person that can verify that I'm not fat but very muscular.... but I asked them and they don't like you... as most people don't so
    I could give a rat's behind if anyone here likes me. I will always give my honest opinion on any subject posted on these forums. My opinion on you and your BMI stands. You are clinically classified as being obese.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    My brother in law is a sports medicine doctor and said the BMI does not take in to consideration large bones, bone density and athletic builds..
    I made an inappropriate comment, so I removed it.
    Last edited by FreeBirdTim; Jul 31, 2018 at 11:11 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6107 times
    geez!!! I only have a few brain cells left....I really have to watch reading some of these posts in fear of losing them!!!

As far as the question of the thread? I don't have any stories that come close...

The closest thing that happened was.... Years ago my younger brothers truck was broken into, he was young at the time , about 17 or 18. They stole his detector (BH), stereo, amp, speakers, and whatever else they could get out of it. We eventually found out who it was....Couldn't prove it to the police,. The thief ran his mouth and said "no video no proof etc..." He also started harassing my brother, following him around, trying to scare him. About a month or so later the thief's uninsured truck ended up tore up!! A group of guys stopped at his house, ran up, beat all the windows every panel,tires, and lights. They did a good job of it!! in a hurry yelling " no video no proof etc..." on the way out..... The truck was never driven again and sat tore up for years.

No, it really wasn't the right or legal way to handle it, but....... My brother was left alone after that and that guy never said a word to him again. I think he got the hint. We never got any of the stuff back and at that point didn't even care.

As far as the guns go...I have them around, I'm not quick to grab one, but do carry when I feel like I should, for whatever reason. If someone was in the house with my wife and child here? They are getting shot. I don't care about lawsuits, jail, or whatever else. I would not take the chance if that kind of situation came up. No doubt in my mind!!! I crack up at some of the stupid suggestions of the anti gun idiots!!! That's their choice not to have them, but don't shame the people that do. As far as I know it's still a Right.
    Last edited by Nitric; Jul 31, 2018 at 12:37 AM.
    Kace, GB1, RGINN and 3 others like this.

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1190 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi ,This thread seems to totally resemble an overloaded cattle truck .TP
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    Can you see the 25 tattoo above left eye?

chub

Anyway, Im not here to argue. We have a gun thread.

If you are saying that you would be glad for your wife and kids to return home to this person waiting inside your house then good for you !
    Maybe your wife can chime in here?
    This is one of my biggest fears ...probably the biggest. Is being in a situation where I couldn't protect my wife or child. I really don't have any fear or very little when I'm alone. I feel it is my job to protect them and want the options that we do have to do it. Has nothing to do with feeling tuff or paranoid or whatever else. I'm not a "tuff guy". I'm weak at this point, I'm a horrible fighter.

Anyhow... kind of off subject but when I saw this post I thought "yes!! That is my real fear". I've been around and seen enough things happen, so fast. I'm glad he fled and didn't want confrontation or feel cornered in your home, It could have went real bad real fast!!!

Not trying to stir up the gun debate but it does fit the subject when thinking about the type of thing that happened in your home and I won't argue or go any further about it in your thread. God!!! I couldn't even imagine something happening to my wife or child in front of me and not have anything to do something about it. I lived in a neighborhood in the past that creepy crawlers would wonder through or out of our back yard when we pulled in. They would usually ask for a cig and move on but when they are on stuff they can be very unpredictable.
    Last edited by Nitric; Jul 31, 2018 at 02:21 AM.
    Kace and chub like this.

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    833 times
    I can resist anything but temptation and temptation has knocked on my mental door about the BMI discussion. No one asked for this but here goes ...

I’m overweight (5’-11” @ 196 pounds). That gives me a BMI of 27.3, overweight. That has been a lifelong fact (and fight) for me but has not had any particular negative effect on my health. I have always been active and have done such foolish things as participating in a sprint triathlon and a few half marathons. The fat man plods along.

At my most recent annual physical, my doctor led off with, “For your age, you’re in good shape ... but you’re fat.” I jokingly accused her of body profiling and she said, “You heard me.” My fight with weight is constant. To use Kyle Matthews’ lyrics, I fall down and I get up.

BMI is an interesting tool that helps inform a doctor about a patient’s weight/body fat ratio but that is all it is, a tool. By itself, BMI means very little. Other metrics are necessary to adequately assess a person’s health risks from obesity. For example, body fat percentage is likely a better indicator of potential problems than BMI as BMI is a simple ratio between height and weight adjusted for gender (male or female). Other health risk factors include hypertension, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), and genetics.

There are painfully obvious examples of persons who are clearly obese and, to tell the truth, I often wonder how you get to 400 pounds without noticing. How does that sneak up on you? However, to denigrate someone based on BMI seems, at the least rude and at worst ignorant if not stupid. I know that persons make statements based on opinion, experiences, and limited knowledge and then dig-in for a fight. That’s OK. Everyone is entitled to his or her thoughts.

So ends my rant.
    Kace, Megalodon, Nitric and 3 others like this.
    ---------------------

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    833 times
    And, yes, Jeff-Gordon, I'm talking about you again.
    ---------------------

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4564 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringtyer View Post
    I can resist anything but temptation and temptation has knocked on my mental door about the BMI discussion. No one asked for this but here goes ...

I’m overweight (5’-11” @ 196 pounds). That gives me a BMI of 27.3, overweight. That has been a lifelong fact (and fight) for me but has not had any particular negative effect on my health. I have always been active and have done such foolish things as participating in a sprint triathlon and a few half marathons. The fat man plods along.

At my most recent annual physical, my doctor led off with, “For your age, you’re in good shape ... but you’re fat.” I jokingly accused her of body profiling and she said, “You heard me.” My fight with weight is constant. To use Kyle Matthews’ lyrics, I fall down and I get up.

BMI is an interesting tool that helps inform a doctor about a patient’s weight/body fat ratio but that is all it is, a tool. By itself, BMI means very little. Other metrics are necessary to adequately assess a person’s health risks from obesity. For example, body fat percentage is likely a better indicator of potential problems than BMI as BMI is a simple ratio between height and weight adjusted for gender (male or female). Other health risk factors include hypertension, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), and genetics.

There are painfully obvious examples of persons who are clearly obese and, to tell the truth, I often wonder how you get to 400 pounds without noticing. How does that sneak up on you? However, to denigrate someone based on BMI seems, at the least rude and at worst ignorant if not stupid. I know that persons make statements based on opinion, experiences, and limited knowledge and then dig-in for a fight. That’s OK. Everyone is entitled to his or her thoughts.

So ends my rant.
    Well Said!

Those were some of the rudist and most uncalled for posts I've seen here, especially the 'MOOOOOO' by FBT calling him a cow... those comments along with an elderly man's photo being shown here and him being referred to as an Old Geezer is disgusting.

I've been sitting at a Hospice House for 2.5 days now and one of my g-uncles just died... He looked a lot like that elderly man in the photo at almost 90yrs old.

Unless that photo of the man in the red shorts IS FreeBirdTim.. that photo and the comments should of never been posted.

No Respect For Anyone.

String...You are right about BMI testing only. Don't let those comments bother you...I can tell you are a better person and that's what counts.

Kace
    RGINN, Ogre1190 and T.C. like this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links