IS IT BETTER ? ITS NEW ! BUT IS IT WORTH IT ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: IS IT BETTER ? ITS NEW ! BUT IS IT WORTH IT ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2018
    clarksville,indiana
    Garrett AT MAX
    14 times
    Metal Detecting

IS IT BETTER ? ITS NEW ! BUT IS IT WORTH IT ?

Ok guys and gals the Equinox 800, The at Max, the new Minelab or what would you say is hands down the best medal detector for the mid to high level range ? I have the at Max and the at Pro and let me tell you even after buying several deep searching aftermarket coils I have to honestly say I would never buy another Garrett machine ! They killed me out with all the hype for the max when without a doubt the at Pro is a lot better.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    It's all hype. Salesmen have no scruples. They'd try to sell you anything to make a buck. Just look at all the fools who will soon be spending a grand (or more) for the latest "upgraded" iPhone. Yes, it might be a little better than the last version, but who really needs it? Pathetic waste of money, imo.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26865 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    There are a lot of good machines out on the market today. IMHO: use the one you have researched to work with you, your hunt style and locations. The most important thing is to Really understand your machine settings, how the interact with one another and hours in the field!

Enjoy the hobby...GL & HH

us
    Apr 2018
    Central Alabama
    Minelab Safari
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    It's all hype. Salesmen have no scruples. They'd try to sell you anything to make a buck. Just look at all the fools who will soon be spending a grand (or more) for the latest "upgraded" iPhone. Yes, it might be a little better than the last version, but who really needs it? Pathetic waste of money, imo.
    Spending money on something you don’t need makes you a human, not a pathetic fool. Otherwise spending money on a tattoo would make even less sense.

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    1172 times
    to the OP don't believe anything people say, do the research yourself.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver
    • draped bust silver
    • silver dollar

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Spending money on something you don’t need makes you a human, not a pathetic fool. Otherwise spending money on a tattoo would make even less sense
    Yes, but I have my tattoo for life. That 1k iPhone will be in the dumpster in six months when they buy yet another "new and improved" iPhone.

Nov 2012
    1003 times
    MAX=Must always xagerate
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Apr 2018
    Central Alabama
    Minelab Safari
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    Yes, but I have my tattoo for life. That 1k iPhone will be in the dumpster in six months when they buy yet another "new and improved" iPhone.
    Having it for life doesn’t make it a good investment my man. I’ll make more in 6 months with my phone than you’ll make with that tattoo for the rest of your life. For the record I’m covered in tattoos but I could care less what somebody else spends on their phone and I certainly don’t think it makes them a pathetic fool. Just my two cents.
    T.C. likes this.

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    832 times
    Oh, goodness ... another good thread taking a wrong turn. Perhaps discussing investments vs. expenses would be better handled in a separate thread. Agreed that you can use a phone to make money ,however, I still see it as an expense of doing business rather than an investment. As for tats, phones, or detectors, all of them are expenses of choice. I kept my last iPhone for nearly six years, I have no tats (personal choice, no judgment), and I did research for several weeks before buying my new metal detector - the first new one in more than 30 years.

As for the OP question: I'm not sure there is a BEST detector (or anything else for that matter). I think the best one for you is the one that does what you want it to do and brings you some happiness when you use it. I have a beep-and-dig Tesoro that I bought for $7.00 at a thrift store and an EQ-600. I use them at different times for different purposes. I'd suggest doing your research and making a well-informed decision.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, 720i Stealth Scoop
    7077 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have a tat of the iPhone 5s. There will never be a better one!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I certainly don’t think it makes them a pathetic fool
    Never called anyone a "pathetic fool". Get your facts straight, my man. I stated that only a fool would flush a grand on an "improved" iPhone every six months. And I said it was a pathetic waste of money.

As for making money on your phone, you can do that with any decent phone made in the last five years. No need to cut into your profits by spending that much cash over and over again.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5183 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Not about phones, so let's stay on topic. The companies that build metal detectors will always come out with a new one every year to boost their sales. Has nothing to do with making a better detector, even if some are an improvement. It's about convincing someone who already has one that they need another one (or a better one).

That's just the way it is with any type of merchandise, whether it's a metal detector, a phone or a vehicle. If you want to do that, that's your choice. But it's my choice to post here and tell you my opinion on it. If that's okay with you, my man.

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    1172 times
    By this logic, a phone with a tattoo on on it is priceless! Or get a tattoo of a cell phone and all your bases are covered.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver
    • draped bust silver
    • silver dollar

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20721 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringtyer View Post
    Oh, goodness ... another good thread taking a wrong turn.
    LMAO,, thanks for the chuckle,,
    Stringtyer likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    471 times
    Equinox 800
    Tesoro Outlaw
    Tesoro Tejon
    Tesoro Vaquero
    AT Max

Depends what you hunt for. Tesoro is the best bang for your buck.
    Personally I'd say the Equinox 800 after my researching. I want two new detectors for next year and the Nox 800 is one and probably the Tejon will be the second to switch up with my Outlaw. Tesoro's are the most fun to swing imo.
    I looked into the AT Max but I just don't know. It would have to be a big improvement on the over priced GTI 2500. Once I got my Outlaw my GTI went on the shelf then I sold it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links