Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By jthrasher
  • 3 Post By fyrffytr1
  • 2 Post By 1320
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By Honest Samuel
  • 1 Post By Rckluvr86
  • 1 Post By Kantuckkeean
  • 1 Post By Philvis
  • 1 Post By Kace

Thread: What to do with Native American artifacts? Tools, effigies, axes and Spears

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2018
    Rio Grande Valley Texas
    5 times
    Relic Hunting

What to do with Native American artifacts? Tools, effigies, axes and Spears

I would like to sell our collection of Native American artifacts. My husband collected the pieces in the 1950ís. I have searched the internet and canít find some of the pieces we have. I am not sure where to sell...eBay??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08867970-75E1-4CA0-ADBF-81F23A5CFA0D.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	1623568
    Kace, Honest Samuel and Rckluvr86 like this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    5795 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You might want to post this in the "Native American Artifacts" thread. It is further down on the main page. Many knowledgeable people there will give you good advice. Best of luck with your collection.
    Kace, diggummup and Kantuckkeean like this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    If you've searched the internet and can't find the pieces you have then you most likely have what are commonly called geo-facts, in other words.....plain ole rocks.
    Clay Diggins and catherine1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29348 times
    Only artifact I see is the pale axe at the bottom right side between the 2 dark stones, with out better pictures I don't see any other Indian artifacts in picture
    GopherDaGold and Clay Diggins like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2928 times
    Best of luck in selling these items. Keep searching and good luck.
    Rckluvr86 likes this.

us
    Nov 2018
    Southern Mo
    None
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jthrasher View Post
    I would like to sell our collection of Native American artifacts. My husband collected the pieces in the 1950’s. I have searched the internet and can’t find some of the pieces we have. I am not sure where to sell...eBay??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08867970-75E1-4CA0-ADBF-81F23A5CFA0D.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	1623568
    There's a lot great things there I've seen most of that in my researching good luck selling and future hunting
    Kace likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    655 times
    I see several artifacts in the photo. As fyrffytr said, under the forum page, scroll down to the “ North American Indian Arifacts” forum and post them there. You should take photos of a few items at a time, and use a neutral background.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Kace likes this.

Mar 2008
    Virginia
    Minelab Equinox 600
    323 times
    See if an area college has an anthropology/archaeology dept. and reach out to them. Unfortunately with lithics, more often than not they need to be seen in person and held to classify them or determine they are nothing.
    Kace likes this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4470 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    These guys are right...see if there's anyone really knowledgeable close to you that can see your stuff in person.

I see a few in there that look good...A solid background, like Red or a Bright Royal Blue that show details helps a lot along with spacing in a group shot or just do one at a time.

In the meantime you might want to check Texas artifacts sites online where you can compare the photos to your collection.... Or whatever state they were found in.

Good Luck!

Kace
    Rckluvr86 likes this.

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    697 times
    I leave them. They have no value whatsoever to me. The only one I almost brought home was a matate that had been broken to release the owners spirit. That touched me.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6883 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    I leave them. They have no value whatsoever to me. The only one I almost brought home was a matate that had been broken to release the owners spirit. That touched me.
    Interesting. What culture is that from? Most grinding basins and grinding stones were buried complete with the owners in the Plains Village farmer culture. They didn't believe it held the owner's spirit. Now the southwestern peoples did have a tradition of 'killing' certain items and including them in burial. I don't know if that was to release the owner's spirit, though.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6546 times
    I also see several items although some are crudely made and one wonders if they were made by Native Americans or some folks trying to produce imitations. Better pics of each item as well as pics of both sides and/or from different angles might help with identification.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links