Where to sell?

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From time to time I sell the stuff I find, trade for or buy. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place to sell. Last time I sold it was to a refinery that advertised online, the guy called and told me what my payout was after he tested and weighed it but it came up $400.00 light and then wouldn't respond to phone calls or by email. Contacted BMX and they won't take it because I don't have a store front. Right now sitting on 90+ grams of 14K and about 9 grams of 10K. Would like to get more than pawn shop prices for it. Tried doing a search for the subject on here but as skilled as I am with a detector I am equally inept at working online. Thanks.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always people buying gold and silver on Craigslist. Just be sure to meet in a public place (preferably near a police station) and tell them up front what you want for your gold. Lots of lowball buyers on Craigslist, so be sure to agree on a per gram price before you meet. I would say that 85-90% of spot is a fair price for both parties.

OP
OP
G

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry, going to check that out.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
G

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry, these guys are great. Family owned, an honest to goodness refinery that works with the public. I had been selling to a gold buyer and loosing about 20-25%. Thanks again for the info. I just bought one of those little Quest Scuba units to get into some really nice places and am hoping to have much more than a hundred grams to sell on the next shipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread