whats the best boots

Bengsxr

Jul 14, 2018
Pearland, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work oil and gas and must say timberlands make a great steel toe work boot. I also wear ariat cowboy boots they are pretty comfortable. But just an all around boot not really sure because I look at them like a tool and each has a certain purpose.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dr Marten Holkham 5-tie is my choice. I can wear them all day, even after work...comfortable. I prefer the non-steel-toe, but available both ways....disclaimer, they have metal D rings, so not good for detecting.

Last edited:

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and get Red Wings. They last, made well and their customer service is fantastic. They’ll clean and condition them for you anytime you want for free as well as replace laces.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my Wolverines! I wear them while detecting and riding.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
save your money and get redwings, i personally don't like wearing boots very often anymore so i don't spend the cash on them like i have in the past. but if you plan on spending lots of time in boots, get the properly sized redwings and you won't regret it.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work oil and gas and must say timberlands make a great steel toe work boot. I also wear ariat cowboy boots they are pretty comfortable. But just an all around boot not really sure because I look at them like a tool and each has a certain purpose.

Steel Toe Boots make sense for a lot of things, but not for metal detecting.

If you feel you need reinforced boots for MD-ing, I´d go with the modern plastic reinforced (which I would not use for Hydrocarbon industry work, of course).

Off Topic: Is this that Pearland with the oldest mayor in the US?

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
thanks for all the info,its nice to hear from people that us them.
brad

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marine Corps desert warfare boots. I wear them for metal detecting, everyday use, formal wear and shower shoes. You just never know when you might have to head stomp someone.

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keen work boots are decently comfortable and a little less than the red wings. Also if you like slip on's look into Redback. I wear Keen in the summer-vented and RB in the winter.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
RedWings are great once they’re broken in, I’ve worn a lineman’s boot for years. Breaking in a new pair, just have to get past a week of bloody ankles, lol. They seem like overkill for detecting tho, and steel toes, nope, and normally not a good choice for winter work. Gimme a pair of soft hiking boots for MD’ing.

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i ended up buying red wing irish setter boots,with fiberglass toes.130 with two day shipping.ive only wore them two days but i think they are going to be great,
thanks for all the input. brad

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with them, I hope they work well for you, I work 65 hrs a week in redwings, and while they are comfortable, I haven't had a pair last over 8 months before stitches ripping out or eyelets wearing through or soles cracking. But on the other hand I also have a pair of older Irish setter hunting boots that I love and have held up really well. Just don't use them too hard and they should be good boots!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wearing Sketchers tennis shoes. Go figure. But I just bought a pair of Rocky Camo snake proof boots. They are TALL and now I don't have to be so terrified where I step early and late in the season.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the rockys with the vibram sole they were comfortable light weight and would last about 2 years of hard use and were waterproof in the slop.
Only problem was the waterproofing would wear off after a while so you had to put snow seal or beeswax on them once in a while.

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
been buying big 5 junk,cant afford red wings, just need a good pair of all around use boots,

Duluth Trading post. Best looking boots I've seen. Everything they make is heavy duty.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use in the wet, dirty and dusty farm fields the Ozark Trail (no steel toe) boots...Wallyworld $ 19.97...usually get two+ metal detecting seasons depending on the abuse.

I have a few expensive brands, but don't like trashing them in the fields, other places like woods OK!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The best boots are the boots that fit your feet correctly,like putting on a pair of gloves.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hereabouts three pairs is minimum. It depends on the temperature.

I like my Vasque lightweight hiking boots for summer & dry spring/fall. Then my medium weight Irish Setters. Then my cold weather Sorels.

Then my Muck gum boots for wet chores or shore fishing, or taking out the garbage in the winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread