Decided to hunt today

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went hunting and found nothing but trash while out today. I was beside my uncle's porch and decided to go up under. While under there I found a nickel and broken glass shards. Something told me to look at the glass and long and behold there were bubbles in the glass. I went and got my shovel and started to dig down where I found the glass. Right up close to the creek rock foundation. I hit some big rocks and finally moved them. Up under this huge rock was a broken pottery peace. I dug just a little more were that rock was and found a firebrick. The soil changed colors and The hole started to fill up with water. Altogether I found two pieces of old glass and pottery piece. What's the next step? What would you do?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You might try dynamite under there next time. It does wonders for moving stuff. :laughing7: JUST KIDDING. Disclaimer: dynamite can even kill possums. Good luck and be safe.

OP
OP
Lovebottles

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try dynamite under there next time. It does wonders for moving stuff. :laughing7: JUST KIDDING. Disclaimer: dynamite can even kill possums. Good luck and be safe.

LOL id end up blowing half my town up. I was thinking about digging along the foundation some more. If no more signs show up move under the house and try again. I forgot to add there is a root cellar right on the other side of the foundation. It's full of water.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look as much as you can with out doing water damage

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'm digging the dynamite idea! Heck who needs a shovel when you have a pound or two of nitroglycerin or c4 laying around!?. Just kidding, and in all seriousness, sounds like that area needs more looking into. I'd definitely dig deeper (pun intended). Don't forget to post your finds! And remember, chicks dig scars and missing fingers. Ddf.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Often junk including bottles discarded by builders were tossed in the trench, or household trash generally was used as part of the backfill after foundations were built. Might be worth more poking around.

It's funny, but my dad was doing foundation repair on the 1938 house several years ago, and wound up digging a rare quart "Puritan Dairy" 1934 milk bottle that we had never managed to uncover while digging dumps.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, assuming the porch is old and had gaps for stuff to fall through, the first thing I'd do would be to take the top few inches of dirt underneath and sift it for coins, buttons, marbles etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread