Gotta love shrimp and grits - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Gotta love shrimp and grits

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4590 times
    I prefer mine with Hot sauce/peppers/butter and Red Eye gravy...
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6682 times
    I love shrimp and I love grits but I am sorry to say that I only eat grits with eggs and bacon and will likely have some gravy and biscuits and sliced fresh tomatoes and maybe some fried potatoes or hash browns if I am really hungry. Oh yeah, the grits have to be cooked with bacon grease for seasoning, then add butter, salt and pepper.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23303 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    I love shrimp and I love grits but I am sorry to say that I only eat grits with eggs and bacon and will likely have some gravy and biscuits and sliced fresh tomatoes and maybe some fried potatoes or hash browns if I am really hungry. Oh yeah, the grits have to be cooked with bacon grease for seasoning, then add butter, salt and pepper.
    Bacon grease in potato salad is amazing. Best potato salad in the South.
    huntsman53 and lairmo like this.

Aug 2017
    554 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I wrote a poem about shrimp and grits many years ago...It is called "In Honky Tonks And Dives"- Poem by Edwin Tanguma at poemhunter.com...I wonder IF I'll ever see my lil signet againWho knows

Ed T
    Truth, huntsman53 and lairmo like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20752 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Never had those two, together,, but separately,, I like them both. Yum, yum.
    Truth likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    That’s where all the juice is trapped in the head and in the shell between the shrimp.

Yes you suck the head
    Ahhh.

I pinched many Shrimp heads off in my time but (only sucked oysters) LOL

I always had fun removing that "Do Do" from the peeled shrimp?

Did the DW-H orison disaster take a big toll on the Shrimping industry ?

I watched a Net-Flix documentary about it ; they said there were still issues in some areas but the 'Doc' was made in 2015 ) or 2016.

Tell P.Copper hello & happy Hunting & Good Eating.
    Davers
    Truth likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    My wife cooks like no other A2
    Mine does to .....In the Microwave. lol

She can do pretty well when she tries tho...pretty darn good.
    Truth and huntsman53 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Nice! Our jumbo ‘dad’s, not to mention all crayfish pretty much disappeared here over 30 years ago in lower Michigan. We used to catch ‘em out of the streams and ditches by the 5 gallon bucket. Guessing water quality. I miss ‘em.
    They are Far! less abundant here 20-25 miles N of Atlanta as well , I got a small creek in the back of our house , it's fed by a small spring (somewhere) a few houses down 'now it's mostly a storm water drain .

There used to be some good size ones up until 2001 or so heck in 1998 I would feed 2 big (for Here) 4-5 inch friends leftover Pot Roast, it got to where they would start coming out from under the creek bank when they 'Felt/ heard ' ? me coming.
    Now all I see are small ones , with a big example being an Inch or inch & a half.

When I was 5-9 Big ones were under almost every rock in the ' Med 4-6 Foot wide creek ' where I lived at the time.
    I saw one I thought was a Lobster 1 time , I actually ran away scared ,lol then again I was little then & everything seems so much bigger when yr at that age.

Loving this 'Crawdad' talk. ' The things that make me happy ' .

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Born and raised in the south, been eating grits all my life, fish and grits, shrimp and grits, eggs and grits, just plain grits with cheese salt and pepper.

I had basic raining in Lackland AFB in Texas, the chow hall served grits and the northern boys were putting milk and sugar on them thinking it was cream of wheat. LOL, it was funny to watch.
    I do miss some good ole 'Cream of Wheat' it's been 35 years since I had some, Ill remind the wife to get some next time she goes to the store , love my Cheese grits .

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6318 times
    No. It’s like grits.
    I recall Cream of Wheat being more watery than Grits , but then again I was made by Southerners at Kinder-Care or Atlanta Public Schools .

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Yea Grandma would save those glass jars of Grease in them , I recall thinking "That stuff looks Nasty"

These days ill bet that sight is a rarity in most homes that are on the 'Grid'.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Jesse Mason

Oct 2018
    Dover Arkansas
    Whites XLT
    780 times
    Eat grits gravy and eggs about every morning had some today no shrimp in Ozarks but plenty hominy grits very good been eating them 73 years must try grits and shrimp looks good by the way grits and hominy grits are not the same
    Last edited by Ozark Redneck; Oct 20, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2602 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I’ll pass on the grits. I thought everyone ate cottage cheese with their eggs, be them fried or scrambled.
    Grits and eggs, just weird! Kinda like pancakes and syrup, with a side of cooked carrots -

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6682 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    They are Far! less abundant here 20-25 miles N of Atlanta as well , I got a small creek in the back of our house , it's fed by a small spring (somewhere) a few houses down 'now it's mostly a storm water drain .

There used to be some good size ones up until 2001 or so heck in 1998 I would feed 2 big (for Here) 4-5 inch friends leftover Pot Roast, it got to where they would start coming out from under the creek bank when they 'Felt/ heard ' ? me coming.
    Now all I see are small ones , with a big example being an Inch or inch & a half.

When I was 5-9 Big ones were under almost every rock in the ' Med 4-6 Foot wide creek ' where I lived at the time.
    I saw one I thought was a Lobster 1 time , I actually ran away scared ,lol then again I was little then & everything seems so much bigger when yr at that age.

Loving this 'Crawdad' talk. ' The things that make me happy ' .
    Maybe the reason you are no longer seeing any of the big crayfish (we call them crawdads) anymore is because of Raccoons. Crayfish is one of their main staples and it is easier for them to catch the big ones versus the small ones.
    Truth and Kantuckkeean like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6682 times
    I’ll pass on the grits. I thought everyone ate cottage cheese with their eggs, be them fried or scrambled.
    Grits and eggs, just weird! Kinda like pancakes and syrup, with a side of cooked carrots -
    Pancakes and syrup with a side of cooked carrots sounds yummy!
    Truth and fistfulladirt like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links