Names you wouldn't & shouldn't name your' kids as they may live up to that name!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Funny. Thanks guys. I needed that. It's STILL raining here and I'm very thankful it's not snow.

Anyway, on an aside, I got a kick out of a placemat I had a long time ago at a now long closed restaurant in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Some of the place names in that county are, well, different, for instance:

Puseyville, Intercourse, Mount Hope, Mount Joy, Leacock, Lampeter, Peach Bottom, and if there are any more, never mind. Now please realize these are small places.
As an infant while dad and grandpa worked on the highway, I lived in West Middlesex and Intercourse....(Aaaah the Amish)...on a side note I once worked for a man named Dick Clapp....:tongue3:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still laughing. Years ago I had someone give me their name and I almost choked on the phone it was so off, I don't know if I remember it now, but I'll think on it.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My moms dad, Gramps, passed away 5 years ago.
His name was Napoleon Bonaparte Triplett.
His best friend growing up in the hills of Kentucky was a boy named Peckerneck.
He swore on his life it wasn’t a nickname.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not dumb names, but here is a dumb story.....
My wife’s sister had a kid, named her Emily.....ok
3 months later, my wife’s brother and his wife had a girl themselves.
Even though they had met baby Emily, she obviously didn’t make much of an impression on them.
When they told us that their bundle of joy’s name was Emily, we were like huh?
Dummies had no clue what sisters kid name was.
So for the past 9 years the Emily’s are now known as Emily 1 and Emily 2.
Or as I call them, a Thing 1 and Thing 2.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still laughing. Years ago I had someone give me their name and I almost choked on the phone it was so off, I don't know if I remember it now, but I'll think on it.
So I have been fortunate enough to circle the globe. 9 times. At least. I have set foot on every continent (except antarctica which doesn't count) and have found myself in almost every British Colonized or former colonized country in the world. As most of you know Randy in any British Colonized Country means er... horny? SO anyway being a Randy Dickey has brought mixed expressions Similar to what Smokey has described above. I can't tell you how many gasps, chokes, excuse me's etc.. I have heard. My favorite over the phone "your name sir? Randy Dickey excuse me? Randy Dickey Hickey? no, Dickey Could you please spell that?" Oh the hysteria

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite reply to my daughters when they ask something is "Whatever". On that note, I guess it is a good thing my last name is not Crap or Dam and that me and the ex did not have a son because I would have probably named him "Who Givesa Crap" or "Who Givesa Dam".

By the way, who in the right mind would name their' kid "Moon Zappa"??!! Did Frank have a Ray Gun that the Ray could reach the Moon or did she go around Mooning everybody before she was named? Or how about Dweezil Zappa"? I mean, did the poor kid Dweezil all over the place before being given that name??!!:icon_scratch::BangHead: And don't even get me started on their' middle names. Of course, I am not even sure Dweezil has a middle name but Moon Unit, come on now.

Last edited:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grew up with a Tom Sawyer in my school. I was actually envious that he had that name as I was a big Tom Sawyer fan.
As a young teen I was skateboarding and a police officer stopped us. He asked for all our names. This was before we had id's. I told him my name was Bob Smith... of course it wasn't! He was another kid I went to school with. Many years later I worked with a different Bob Smith... so I had to tell the guy about it. Went to school with a kid named Goff... father was named Jack.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew a guy named Harry Mann...I think his parents named All their 7-8 kids like that on purpose. I can't remember all of their names except there was a sister named Sharon A. Mann.

Every kid had some reference to a Man. On some, there was No Middle Name, just an initial.

Kace

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've enjoyed this thread, really have nothing to say here except I HATE my name.

I'm Roger.

Over the years there were many mis-directions = Rodger Dodger, etc.

whatever.....

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've enjoyed this thread, really have nothing to say here except I HATE my name.

I'm Roger.

Over the years there were many mis-directions = Rodger Dodger, etc.

whatever.....
Rodger is under Over and Over is Under Dunn Airplane What a great movie

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The girl on Wheel Of Fortune right now, her last name is Buttmaster.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a rose when I was going through boot camp. You weren't at P. I. in 75 were you?

I went through 2nd Batallion Plt. 217 D Co. at P.I. from Feb.6 - May 4th 1976.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I grew up with a friend named Mike Hunt as well. He always said if he had a son, he was going to name him York. He only got 2 daughters, no sons.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
My name's David. I wanted to name my son Harley, then he would be Harley, David's son.
wasn't to be. He's Thomas John.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions