Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got about 4 - 6 inches in my yard in the RTP area of NC (depending on the drift factor). It was pretty for about 2 hours, now it is time for it to go. I drug my 67 year old rear end out of the house and shoveled the driveway. I was hoping one of the neighborhood kids would want to make a profit today and offer to shovel it for me. Maybe we could make snow shoveling look like a video game ...

The rains have moved in and, mercifully, the snow is beginning to melt.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I live about 3 miles off the beaten path and away from civilization for the most part. My skid-steer is away on a job and my tractor is in the shop, so no way to plow the snow for me this go around. Just have to wait till it melts and hope it doesn't turn into freezing rain.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My skid-steer is away on a job and my tractor is in the shop ...

It is so wrong to say those words to a man who just spent an hour and a half hand shoveling wet, heavy snow. A skid steer would have had my job done in about 10 minutes. Even my old garden tractor with the scraper blade my dad built 25 years ago would have cut the time in half.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what my neighbors are getting, right now I have 17" right off my front steps.......

Of course I'm at the base of Bull Mountain on the North Slope - say an hour North of Greensboro, NC and an hour Southwest of Roanoke, VA.

IMG_1384.JPG IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what my neighbors are getting, right now I have 17" right off my front steps.......

Of course I'm at the base of Bull Mountain on the North Slope - say an hour North of Greensboro, NC and an hour Southwest of Roanoke, VA.

View attachment 1659148 View attachment 1659152

uggg.. They say we could get up to 16 before it's all over, but I am 2 hours or so north of you.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Awwww but it looks so nice. Lol

It is pretty, but it may be over a week before I can get out again - my driveway is a kilometer long and Mom is 92.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have 8 inches and still snowing but I'm right on the northern edge of the storm. 50 miles north of me they have nothing.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We have 8 inches and still snowing but I'm right on the northern edge of the storm. 50 miles north of me they have nothing.

You're about 2 hours North Easterly from me as I recall. Hopefully you won't get buried like we are. It's still snowing here, about 2 hours since my 17" post. I'll check again in the morning. It sure is pretty, but what's the rest of the season going to be like?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're about 2 hours North Easterly from me as I recall. Hopefully you won't get buried like we are. It's still snowing here, about 2 hours since my 17" post. I'll check again in the morning. It sure is pretty, but what's the rest of the season going to be like?
If we have the moisture this winter that we've had since spring then we are in for it I'm afraid.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have just a dusting here this time. But we're sure glad to share!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went out and measured the depth at the bottom of my steps, I'm sitting at about 18" and the snow seems to have stopped. Good luck all.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of snow for that far south. Up here we use snowmobiles to get around when need be. If on foot we use sleds. If you live south enough that you can't find a sled at the store, here is how to make a sled.-

Take 4' to 6' of 2x6 board and mark 10" or so from one end. Then, cut from your 10" mark across the board on an angle to the opposite corner of your board. Make two. These will be your runners. Next you just need to deck out the top. Plywood or 1 by boards will do. 2' is a good spacing for runners. Attach tow rope.

Now, all you gotta do is find a steep hill. Put your offspring on the sled and push them down. The kids love it! But stay out of the freaking trees!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the Mason Dixon line accidentally got reversed.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best part of this storm...for once, it's not coming to New England.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate snow I used to make a fortune as a kid shoveling for lazy people lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy everytime it snows says isnt that pretty I start looking around for some woman walking by. I think he likes the snow cause he a couch patato his brother is his couch brotato In the summer Im always asking him to go to the dragway or fishing or detecting with me he says nah Im to old for that sh.....t I tell him thats why hes getting old

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions