Opinions NEEDED !~~ Buried Treasure sites !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am seeing so many more people writing books and stories that are supposed to lead the buyers to treasures.Examples Forrest Fen , Byron Preiss and MANY more are appearing ! My feeling is i am not smart enought to solves the hidden clues. But for hundreds of thousands of dol;lars don't you all think the governments workers have tried to decipher the clues. I do think our government can break almost any clue. I am SURE people have had gov employees work on them. Before you spend 50 to a couple hundred dollars on there books think if our government has or will try. I am POSITIVE i DO NOT KNOW as much as our code cracking experts.

I have a friend that has studied Forrest Fens treasure . He has made FIVE trips out to New Mexico in search only to come back empty handed.

What is your opinions ?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My opinion, OK.
For entertainment, I read modern treasure books written by authors who have (IMO) rehashed old stories to suit their own intentions (sale of books).
For serious hunting, I do my own historical research (first hand reports, insurance company loss reports and library archives); develop a target then enjoy the adventure of pursuing that target.
Don....

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think government workers can break almost any clue? No. They just watch the really smart cats that make discoveries then take it from them. The really, really smart cats, leave no clue. As for the books that are said to lead to treasure, has any book ever led you to treasure? You have to find paradise on your own.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We the United States code breakers have cracked almost every code. The British codes in early days during ww2 The Japanese , Italian German even the Enigma codes many Russian codes. I would bet a lot that the us code breakers have worked on a lot of these hidden treasures !!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those books are fun to read, but I don't worry about the treasure per say. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread