Each state has its on findings depending on the activities that occurred over the yea

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously each state has some coins , relics etcthan others, my thought is your not going to find the same items in every state because of wars, stagecoach era, other factors, oh believe me I’ve done my homework, but like anything else I hate these stories of mythology of what some consider factual of go look here or there because of the legend goes. U like myself can’t believe everything told so u just have to go out and give it a shot. I wish the old ghost stories would have more facts they do get old without actual facts, I’m sure u would agree. I appreciate a honest place to go but some of these ventures are just that stories without proof

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That's true...the only way to KNOW FO SHO is to put the coil to the soil... or go to the local library, talk to the elders, research..research..research...lol

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously each state has some coins , relics etcthan others, my thought is your not going to find the same items in every state because of wars, stagecoach era, other factors, oh believe me I’ve done my homework, but like anything else I hate these stories of mythology of what some consider factual of go look here or there because of the legend goes. U like myself can’t believe everything told so u just have to go out and give it a shot. I wish the old ghost stories would have more facts they do get old without actual facts, I’m sure u would agree. I appreciate a honest place to go but some of these ventures are just that stories without proof

Hi ,Cornish Coalminers in Pennsylvania. GOOGLE IMAGES Historical Ephrata , Elizabethtown , Lebanon Mining Co

Look at All That history and just of simple Coalminers Goodluck TP

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I wish the old ghost stories would have more facts they do get old without actual facts, I’m sure u would agree. I appreciate a honest place to go but some of these ventures are just that stories without proof

Good post. And this is EXACTLY WHY I label those stories JUST LIKE YOU DO : "Old ghost stories". And you lament that they don't have "more facts". Which just shows you're sucked into the psychology of sorting "fact from fiction". But this fails to realize: It won't matter HOW MUCH "sorting fact from fiction" that you do, if .... there was/is no treasure there to begin with.

In that case, even if 99% of the story is "true" (names/dates/events), then ........ who cares ? If there was no treasure, then you can sort fact-from-fiction till you're blue in the face. And you'll end up proving, yes, troop-movements, best routes, how much coconut fibers a canary can carry in its beak, how boyant coconut fibers are, ship fuel capacity, etc... And ... because you can "connect-all-those dots" and "prove those parts of the story true", you might be thinking "aha". But .... it all boils down to an unproven conclusion: "Who ever said there was a treasure" ? Ie.: "since when?" and "says who ?" To which the faithful retreat to .... you guessed it: The legend.

Oh sure: They're fun to read. They capture the imagination. And ... they seem so bullet proof and true (especially if you turn the burden of proof around and try-to-tell the skeptic to DIS-prove the "legend").

But in the end, they are all just ghost-story camp-fire telephone game legends. But nothing ever puts them to rest. If you ever "doubt" the story, the "faithful" just point you right back to the "legend" as proof-of-itself (is anyone seeing the vicious circle ?)

If it's caches that you want, then rather than chasing the "legends" (lost dutchman, oak island, pearl ship, etc...), instead: Just git yourself a 2-box machine like the TM-808, and simply scout old ruins, ghost towns, cellar holes, etc.... long enough. They are the perfect discriminator for all small stuff. Eg.: nails, coins, tabs, foil, etc... And will only find objects @ soda-can sized or larger.

PS: This is not to speak detrimentally to any uh ... (ahem) *certain* legend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome response, I just like proof or the ability to prove things in life that’s all I ain’t got time to chase false trails just because a story sounds good. I do my homework but there come only so much information available to go on given the time of the events way back when , so in respected those that have nothing better to do instead of campfire stories, go out and get the facts which is much more interesting, truths not rumors, hey thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread