Looking for metal detecting club

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Brick and mortar clubs (eg.: monthly meetings, hunts, etc...) pretty much went by the way-side in the mid to late 1990s. They only survive/exist in very big cities nowadays. The reason is: The internet , social media, web-forums, etc.... sort of took over that niche.

In the old days, you have to go to a meeting to see who else was in your area. To bump ideas off each other. To see what others were finding. To show off your own finds. To see and compare the "latest technology", etc... But notice that nowadays: All that is done from your easy-chair in your living room. No one gets off their duffs and drives to monthly meetings these days.

Clubs: = R.I.P.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your state or county website. Sometimes when applying for permits they will advise joining a club first and sometimes give the name of which club preferred. In my state if you want to hunt city public property, you must 1st join a club and show good digging ethics. They stamp your club membership and you take that to the permit office.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know of three active clubs in New York.

In the east are the GPAA in Cuddebackville and the Metal Detectorists & Archaeological Society in Brewster.

In the west is WNY Gold Prospectors.

Land Matters has links and contacts for 116 prospecting clubs across the U.S. in their Library Resources area. It's easy to look up clubs in any area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread