Digging the small things

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just looking back at some of my old finds that i found when i first started detecting. i dont know if it is because i have gotten older (lazier) or i rely on VDI to much now or just the "high" tone. I would probably never think twice now on some of the small trinkets that i have found in the past. i can remember my first detector Bounty Hunter Quick Draw. I dug more clad and small items with that than (hole was kinda big though) my AT Max, DFX, and MX Sport. im spoiled i gotta get back to digger the little sqeekers..lol.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve just begun detecting a 65 acre city park that has three soccer fields and eight baseball diamonds, plus a swimming pool, lake and picnic areas. While I’ve stumbled on a couple of rings and other "small" items, I’ve take the approach of cleaning up and area with my AT Max of the strong signals, which are mainly clad coins and large deposits of canslaw, then going back over the area more surgically with the Equinox 600 and the 5x8 coil on the AT Max, listening for the weak signals.

I’m retired, so time is mine to do with as I please. This will be a lifetime effort, and it’s only one of almost ten large parks in the city and a bunch of schools that I detect. Other people detect these places because they leave their "mark" of laziness in their wake, but you can tell that they’re chasing clad by the signals they’re missing in the well traveled areas.

This is just another approach to staying busy for an old retired guy. I just started detecting in July 2018, and I’m taking my first five months of $118 of clad to the bank today to then get an amazon gift card to buy more toys. Got my eye on a new finds bag and low latency APTX earbuds for the Equinox for summer time weather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread