Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 'shiners

aint nuttin like good ole homebrewed moonshine..that is till ya go to stand up....

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2

there is one out on blue mt. here in leflore co. okla just the old site.

theres also a meth lab about 1/2 mile from my house they cook at off an on.

Blackfoot

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006

In the woods, next door to my farm, are the remains of an old still.The worm and pot are long gone but the mash barrels and thumper keg are still there.The firebox is made of flat stones and there is a black poly water line running fron the spring to the still site.

I have several times detected the site but have found nothing of value save a few pennies.

The shiner must have known better than to drink his own product considering the pile of beer cans close by.

hasbeen

OP
OP
I

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007

Gypsy- Cool, you are probably aware that most of them old stills were put-together with lead solder, so using it probably wouldn't be a good idea......

Old car radiators were popular to use as condensors at one time, same deal....lead-poisioning.

I'd read through most of that post, looks like there's a few who thing distilling is legal in the US, it isn't. However if you apply for special permits you can distill fuel (Ethanol), but must have additives which render it undrinkable. I'd read those permits aren't worth the hassle anyway, and they give the Federalies the right to enter your property at anytime & they don't need permission. Fermintation (beer & wine up to 100 gal per person, 200 per household I think) is permitted, distillation isn't.......too many liquor taxes for Uncle Sam to miss out on.....

Smitty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread