New detector hype - a cautionary tale

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What we read is not always accurate. A few years ago I got on a new spot and located a virgin 1700's fort. There were so many signals at first I left that part of the property cause I thought it was interference from the high power lines directly overhead. At the end of the day, disappointed from not finding anything in other areas, I went back and, on a hunch, dug some of those "interference signals" and they were ALL actual targets and I had absolutely no interference at all from the power lines and never to this day. Anyway, from old 1800's photos marking the fort location with flags I 100% lined it up with that location to verify it was the 1700's fort (I even have some photos with me in them from the exact angle of the 1800's photos,standing where the flags were. I turned the photos black and white to mimic the old photos.) What is so funny though is a historical marker places it on another hilltop about 1000 feet away. So you are very correct in how written history can sometimes get information incorrect. I couldn't resist getting photos of that historical marker either.

excellent post !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread