Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Throw them back on the ground and give thanks to being an American.
If that seems like a waste...wait until you see a young fit looking guy standing at the street corner with a cardboard sign that says “out of gas”. Give it to him.
Sorry i do not get coins or anything of value just to throw away . Any time you get coins or money or gold you do not want please send it to me..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I got pennies and some loonies I don’t want.
I see coin star won’t take them
How do I get American for ii?

Also, what year did Canada stop making solid copper cents?
Most places if not all will take your pennies,nickels , dimes & quarters..

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy more Molson, eh? 🍺

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry i do not get coins or anything of value just to throw away . Any time you get coins or money or gold you do not want please send it to me..

I think your confusing money and gold with Canadian currency. :laughing7:

You can’t buy anything with it, it’s not really money.
More like a trinket or oddity. Similiar to Mexican coins.
I feel ripped off everytime I receive them in change.

Of course I don’t really ever find Canadian coins when detecting, so it’s really a hypothetical.

Now if they were silver and gold, or something of value, that would be different.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give them to kids at McDonalds, then put them in the "donation" tray when they freak out. $2 bills are NOT popular there. I think I'll get some today and visit a couple fast food places. The look on the youngun's face is priceless. They think it's monopoly money. Or go to Michigan or upper NY and they probably will take them at a fast food joint.

I have given the cashier a 50 cent piece and he called the manager to make sure it was real money.LOL

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Just burn them...you know,...like the flag.....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before '67 the Canaidians made quarters and tenths out of .800 sterling silver, which everybody knew was a scam cause sterling is .925 and even American silver coinage (.900) is simply called coin-silver, not sterling, proving once again that The U.S.A. was the greatest country in North America at least until JFK got shot dead.

After '66 we became the greatest again, despite our loss of intrinsic value and Kennedys.

:laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your confusing money and gold with Canadian currency. :laughing7:

You can’t buy anything with it, it’s not really money.
More like a trinket or oddity. Similiar to Mexican coins.
I feel ripped off everytime I receive them in change.

Of course I don’t really ever find Canadian coins when detecting, so it’s really a hypothetical.

Now if they were silver and gold, or something of value, that would be different.
Well i can buy any thing in Canada with there junk money i can buy here with our junk money .I really do not see any silver & gold coins here when i cash my check all i get is junk money like Canada has. I wish i lived were you do so i could get some of those gold & silver coins in change.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the USA is the greatest but we both have junk money.

Yeah, now.

Canada retained silver coinage for about two years(1966 vs. 1964) after we defaulted and went to clad. But when we both had silver our quarters had more silver in them.

Hey, what are Canadian quarters made out of nowadays?

Looks and feels like recycled aluminum beer cans to me. :dontknow:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i can buy any thing in Canada with there junk money i can buy here with our junk money .I really do not see any silver & gold coins here when i cash my check all i get is junk money like Canada has. I wish i lived were you do so i could get some of those gold & silver coins in change.

My point is being that if you cannot pay bills, buy things, or even barter with Canadian pocket change, it’s worthless. If you dig up older Canadian coins that have gold or silver content, of course there is value there.

No reason to be offended, I was only joking.
There are possibly areas where our money is worthless as well.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My point is being that if you cannot pay bills, buy things, or even barter with Canadian pocket change, it’s worthless. If you dig up older Canadian coins that have gold or silver content, of course there is value there.

No reason to be offended, I was only joking.
There are possibly areas where our money is worthless as well.
Canadian pocket change is not worthless i live in Ohio on lake Erie .I can spend Canadian coins any were here and no one gives me any trouble about it .I do not know were you live you do not have that up in your profile in your avatar but i have spent Canadian coins every were i go in the US.​

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canadian pocket change is not worthless i live in Ohio on lake Erie .I can spend Canadian coins any were here and no one gives me any trouble about it .I do not know were you live you do not have that up in your profile in your avatar but i have spent Canadian coins every were i go in the US.​

Your saying you could go to your local Walmart and buy a pack of batteries for your detector using strictly Canadian change? Does the cash register have some sort of exchange calculator built in so you will know to throw an extra 24 Canadian cents for every dollar of goods purchased?

When I go through the auto checkout line at the grocery store, the machine spits them back out, making them worthless to me.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your saying you could go to your local Walmart and buy a pack of batteries for your detector using strictly Canadian change? Does the cash register have some sort of exchange calculator built in so you will know to throw an extra 24 Canadian cents for every dollar of goods purchased?

When I go through the auto checkout line at the grocery store, the machine spits them back out, making them worthless to me.
I do not put them in the machine . But at the check out i pay with bills and change i give the clerk if it is $5.47 cents giv her a $5 bill and mix the Canadian coins in with the change. You mean you pay every thing with just change wow you get a lot of up north coins..No one still knows were you live i wonder if every one there gets all that up north money in change.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Living in Michigan, you get a few Canadian coins from time to time. Here a just a few I’ve found at face value, 80% silver. Found via roll hunting from 2010-2014.

I sold a batch of of about fifty 50% silvers a few years ago. Have found several silver quarters also, and a 1900 Victoria dime.

While I was roll hunting, I would find about 50 Canadian per $500 in US dimes.

Attachments

• E52AFFDE-4EA0-4160-B20C-61AE41D00FF6.jpeg
    E52AFFDE-4EA0-4160-B20C-61AE41D00FF6.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 56

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in Michigan, you get a few Canadian coins from time to time. Here a just a few I’ve found at face value, 80% silver. Found via roll hunting from 2010-2014.

I sold a batch of of about fifty 50% silvers a few years ago. Have found several silver quarters also, and a 1900 Victoria dime.

While I was roll hunting, I would find about 50 Canadian per $500 in US dimes.
Sweet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread