What would you do ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the first part of last December i ordered A X35 coil from a person In Georgia. I won the bid on Ebay 12-6-2018 for $300.00 Plus $40.00 Shipping for a BRAND new Coil I paid right away $340.00 I was supposed to get it in 2 to 4 days. December 20th I had not got the coil yet. I filed a claim with Paypal. After 8 days The seller I think refunded my money to Paypal which they refunded to me. 5 or 6 days later The seller filed a claim against me for non payment. Which paypal told them I had paid and they refunded me my money.
Today in the mail I get get a XP DEUS X35 9 inch coil. I had already purchased 3 more x35 coils 9 11 and a 11x13
Seems they mislead me on where the location was . It wasa inm Russia

I Do nopt need this coil what would you do ?

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know there is a Georgia in Russia right? Make sure the page you ordered from says USA, if not start apologizing and pay for the coil. Sell it locally to save on shipping it clear back to Russia.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actionman I sure liked your reply. This was on the eb ay add for a address . I copied and pasted it from Ebay
Covington, Georgia, United States

I know there was a georgia in Russia but seeing the address did not create a concern for me. But now paypal says i do not have to pay for teh coil but i would feel terrible doing so. I have considered selling it for like $355.00 for a brand new X35 coil

Still thinking what is the best avenue to take. Sending it back to russia could be a real problem
Thanks also fro your reply :) Friend

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
First there off, no matter how many times Russia invades Georgia and kills thousands, this does not mean Georgia is in Russia.

Second, do the right thing, send it back. Return To Sender.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Send it back certified so you have evidence it went back and they got it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Youll have no problem sending something legit to russia.dont listen to so much propaganda.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I'd keep it and sell it in the TNET classifieds...oh wait..it's already there...lol

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
There's no excuse for an item to take 50 days to be received, even if it was coming from Russia.

I agree, send it back with proof of delivery and call it a day. No apology to a seller that waits over 6 weeks to ship.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would let Pay pal know and await their instructions.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stewielouie this is kind of what i am doing now waiting for there reply

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I had a customer who had relatives working in Russia. If they didn't send things, letters or packages REGISTERED (not certified), they never got there and the same for things coming here. Lot's of theft there. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No such thing as a no return policy on eBay if you complain to eBay or paypal they will just take the money out of the sellers account and refund you. This could have happened to your seller when you filed item not received then the seller not knowing you did that thought you didn't pay. Send it back is the right thing. If its from Russia it could be a spin off not oem coil anyway...Tommy

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what I'd do ...but then I'll get hated on if I say it.:laughing7:

I've had the opposite situation...I sold something on Ebay, I shipped within that day. Weeks later the person never received it. I looked at tracking and it was in texas for weeks. I refunded them, a few weeks later they received the item. I told them to keep it. It wasn't my fault, but it wasn't their's either and they should have gotten the item in a reasonable time. It was our USPS that screwed up and left it sitting for weeks. I let them keep it because even though it wasn't my fault I wanted them to know it was really out of my hands and hopefully they will buy again. Now my item was only $45, so maybe it's a little different.

If you order something and expect it in a reasonable time? That's the sellers fault and they can take their loss up with who ever they paid to ship it or learn from it and ship it a different way next time.. We all know how that's going to work out too. It's just one of those things that happens when selling. It would be nice of you to pay them or ship it back, but I wouldn't expect it or look down on anyone who didn't. It's just part of business and the whole "stuff happens".

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No such thing as a no return policy on eBay if you complain to eBay or paypal they will just take the money out of the sellers account and refund you. This could have happened to your seller when you filed item not received then the seller not knowing you did that thought you didn't pay. Send it back is the right thing. If its from Russia it could be a spin off not oem coil anyway...Tommy

Not true! You may be right in this situation, But I do have a "no return" policy, and as long as my descriptions and pics are correct? They will not make me take it back or take money out of paypal. I've been through it a few times now. I'm also very persistent and don't just accept it either. I do accept returns on a real problem because I want a good reputation. But..If they would have had tracking on the shipped item? I doubt Ebay would make them pay it out. I'm not sure. I've had people try it and Ebay won't just take it out of paypal, they may put a temporary hold on it, depending. It would be real hard for a seller to not know this was going on. The seller has a side and gets a chance too.

Ohh, and not picking on you in any way..I'm just really glad that sellers can make a "no return" policy, or I wouldn't sell on there at all. I've been scammed too many times. And when I sell my junk it's to get rid of it, not play around with petty complaints for returns because the buyer didn't read or look at pics. I like the option of deciding if the complaint is legit or not and not just have Ebay pull the money back. BUT..My listings are very honest and straight forward. :occasion14:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: The coil should be returned. :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been selling on eBay 20 plus years their policies have changed so many times. I agree you can choose a no return policy but if someone complains item not as described ect eBay 99 percent of the time sides with the buyer when a case is open. All they need to show is that they mailed it back to you many times its not the original item or nothings in the package . Most sellers, there is even a huge forum on this issue. just refund to avoid a neg feedback and then put them on a BBL list!!! I have found most buyers and sellers don't have to deal with these kind of situations. I would never sell Electronics I know many Top rated sellers who deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis. Im Top rated but I don't sell high value items ie over 150.00 to avoid these trollers usually buyers with low or no fb which we can filter with buyer requirements but just a little ,or buyers from other Countries. I hope you figure out what your going to do if this seller has good feedback will tell you a lot. Good luck my friend!!Tommy

Pops1959

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know that if you choose to return it, it could be expensive. And, from personal experience, I can tell you that things sent to some parts of the world often disappear. Sad that it is that way, but it is. If you choose to return it, let Paypal dictate the terms and assume the responsibility and costs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions