Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Skateboard deck collection sells for a record $800,000

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6395 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I still have my 1976/77 Castor skateboard that I bought new with the original Tracker Trucks and Banana Wheels or Cadillac Wheels.
    I’d sell it for $5,000!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1051 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hey, Pop not the bright deck design but the skill . Mungo Goofy along a 6 inch edge at the local carpark hoping that someone's looking not my idea of sk8ing. Always brought blank decks as they never lastest long. Thunder trucks always lasted longer than grid king. Smiths just lame TP
    xcopperstax and AARC like this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8936 times
    98-18 at that price; why so much. Those where not even decent years for design and style evolution. I mean nothing happened at all, now had it been say 86-98 then damn, well worth it, this sounds like a tits up business found in a storage unit.

Heck of a price though.
    Hillbilly Prince and AARC like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    Sep 2015
    Brawley
    ,Minelab Equinox 800, GGT Sluice, Keene 212v Dry Washer
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmacy View Post
    Hmmmmm, I still have my Mark Rogowski Gator....

D.
    Gator...the skater in the half in the Tom Petty video Free Falling...Gator, the skater who murdered his girlfriend. All this did help drive the price of the original silkscreen Vision decks.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrtdwg1 View Post
    Gator...the skater in the half in the Tom Petty video Free Falling...Gator, the skater who murdered his girlfriend. All this did help drive the price of the original silkscreen Vision decks.
    Actually, he raped and murdered his ex girlfriend's best friend.
    AARC likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1934 times
    Prospecting
    I grew up skateboarding and we called guys like that "posers". The only decks we ever considered hanging on our bedroom walls were the ones we BROKE. What a poser.
    RustyGold, Oddjob and AARC like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmacy View Post
    Hmmmmm, I still have my Mark Rogowski Gator....

D.
    Ahhh, I recall that name , you get yours at 'The Junk Mans Daughter , In Little 5 Pt's' like me ?
    AARC likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopperstax View Post
    Awesome! It's interesting skateboarding has reached a point of hyper nostalgia where pretty much anything that was popular in the 80's has been reissued in some form or another. Santa Cruz figured out awhile ago that they made some of the most iconic graphics skating has ever seen so they are reissuing everything a couple decks at a time. Everyone wants to own a piece of their childhood. Original boards from back then can go for a lot of money.
    I never knew that about 'Gator' I never liked that brand for some reason , now I know why.

I do wish that I still had that Santa Cruz Deck & the Christian Hosoi 'that I never could afford'.

Funny cause I still own most other things I had from the 1980's Except Bikes as they were always stolen .
    AARC likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Avril Lavigne killed punk!!!
    oops...wrong thread.
    "All I wanted was a Pepsi Just a Pepsi!!!!!!!!"
    Oddjob, xcopperstax, AARC and 2 others like this.

Davers

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1934 times
    Prospecting
    I never knew that about gator either. I got that deck for xmas of 85 or 86 cant remember. My dad thought it would be fun to see how fast I could go down bear creek canyon road in Colorado springs. I really thought I could make those switchbacks, turned out I couldn't.
    Spent xmas day in the hospital that year and boy was my mom MAD!
    RustyGold, xcopperstax and AARC like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6395 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I never knew that about gator either. I got that deck for xmas of 85 or 86 cant remember. My dad thought it would be fun to see how fast I could go down bear creek canyon road in Colorado springs. I really thought I could make those switchbacks, turned out I couldn't.
    Spent xmas day in the hospital that year and boy was my mom MAD!
    Been there done that..got the speed wobbles going downhill and it all quickly got out of control. I bounced off a few truck mirrors and parked cars. I tore it up that day..not in skateboard skillz..but in my skin. Ouch!
    AARC likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Nov 2006
    Georgia
    Varies with location and conditions.
    886 times
    You can see my old Gator deck hanging on the wall in this photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3183EAE9-6EEF-4448-B4C3-8F5260020D6D.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	1676641  
    xcopperstax, AARC and RustyGold like this.

ca
    Jan 2017
    Quebec city
    119 times
    mhedved.bandcamp.com
    Supreme is a stupid hipster brand for rich Manahatan kids who take selfies with their skateboards more than they ride them.
    I have been skating for close to 20 years, and my hatred for Supreme still grows faster than my skills.
    Last edited by Mother Superior; Feb 01, 2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typos
    Like pawns on a chessboard, we are directed,
    shuffled, misplaced and used to build a barrier
    between madmen and their enemies

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    1788 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    "All I wanted was a Pepsi Just a Pepsi!!!!!!!!"
    Suicidal Tendencies and Pepsi collab product available soon only at Supreme.
    AARC likes this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    429 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopperstax View Post
    Full disclosure I am a skateboarder and I've skated since 1988. To me this company symbolizes the extreme greed of society. The main fact that people need to know about Supreme is that it was not started by a skateboarder and is not owned by skateboarders. Their logo is a rip off / copy / appropriation of art by Barbara Kruger who is a famous artist. They are a company that is arguably the best in the world at using skateboarding to make money. Nothing wrong with making money but they basically appropriated skateboard culture and ran with it. Skateboarders have always prided themselves on independence and doing it yourself so it's ironic that skateboarders have completely embraced the company. To me Supreme is the ultimate interloper and everything they are is a complete ruse. I have to hand it to them they have completely fooled the masses. I liken them to the pied piper and the emperors new clothes and the wolf in sheep's clothing all wrapped in one. The thing about this that is surprising is that the collection didn't break 1 million. There are many fools out there with huge bank accounts. To sum up Supreme they look you in the eye and say "I am going to rip you off and you will love me for it" Then you hand them big bucks for the privilege of it. They are true artists in BS.
    Im confused?? Why is it wrong to make money? I assume you have a job to make money and if the opportunity presented itself you would surely leave whoever you work for in a split second if you could make more money doing the same job for someone else...

And I'd also bet that if you had that collection of decks you would have quickly sold it off for half that amount just to get the money. Or maybe would would have held out for the full 800k. Either way would you consider yourself evil and greedy?

My point is this, no one was misled in any way about the products and good money changed hands to make both the seller and the purchaser happy.
    AARC likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links