Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive returned two wallets full of cash several rings I do it because thats who I am. Hats off to you being a good person. I think this world is a different place then when we grew up and its sad but it is. Glad to see people like you still out there. Tommy

Me too. It’s what allows you to hang your head high.
By the way..you look like a real hard azz in you avatar..not the nice guy you are here.
Maybe consider a picture with some teeth showing? :laughing7:

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can not imagine giving away a purple heart or any other medal for that matter. But, I have a son that has given away or sold things that killed me. he doesn't get important things anymore but my daughter and her sons get them.

That has to hurt. My advice is don’t let it affect your relationship with your son.
Sometimes we try and pass ALL of our values down and a couple are bound to fall through the cracks.
Don’t set the bar too high.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s a great way to look at it. Thank you huntsman. I should have been more gracious with my post.
Thank you to all veterans for what you gave of yourselves.

I saw nothing in your post that wasn't fact and true, so you have nothing to apologize for! I had many members of my' family that served this Country during the Revolutionary War (two of which I know were Minutemen), possibly during the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam and wish I had more information and maybe some Medals that they received for their' service and their' actions to cherish. All I do have, is my' second cousin's (Tom's) Mother's Bible that lists all of the Medals he received and all of the major engagements he was in during WWII. He landed at one the beaches in Normandy on D-Day, made the first beach landing in Italy and the first beach landing in North Africa besides fighting across France to push the Germans back to Germany. Poor Tom was so screwed up after the war, that he started embellishing his war stories more and more each time he told them and being an alcoholic made it worse. It got so bad, that many of the family was calling him a liar each time he told a story and it only made him drink more. My' maternal Grandfather served during the Spanish-American War and we believe but still have no proof that he served in WWI and WWII. However, we do know he helped work on building the Atomic Bomb in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and it is likely radioactivity that caused him to be bedridden for the last 6 or more years of his life.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing my teeth wont reveal my heart lol And PTSD I know and many of my buddies have it also. Many in my Family also served Proud to be an American Thanks for the kind words Huntsman53 Tommy

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your service as well Tommy.
Some of us have a lot of taking for granted going on.
Won’t always be that way. I see a lot of flags in this thread..thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember we wont be judged by the deeds we do he will read your heart. Thanks for all the kind words you have spoken and the deed that was done those tags !!your heart was pure and in the right place dont let anyone elses heart or lack of one impact yours Keep it protect it Honor it love it and never change it!!!!!!!!. Your Friend, Tommy

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Dirt no matter what you did the right thing and good Juju should come your way. As to the recipients reaction; Someone contacting you out of the blue about sending you something of their relatives for FREE sometimes set off warning bells. In today's society, getting something for free is is viewed as "if it's too good to be true, it probably is". There are a lot of scams out there. Don't take it personal. Good job. Good luck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw nothing in your post that wasn't fact and true, so you have nothing to apologize for! I had many members of my' family that served this Country during the Revolutionary War (two of which I know were Minutemen), possibly during the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam and wish I had more information and maybe some Medals that they received for their' service and their' actions to cherish. All I do have, is my' second cousin's (Tom's) Mother's Bible that lists all of the Medals he received and all of the major engagements he was in during WWII. He landed at one the beaches in Normandy on D-Day, made the first beach landing in Italy and the first beach landing in North Africa besides fighting across France to push the Germans back to Germany. Poor Tom was so screwed up after the war, that he started embellishing his war stories more and more each time he told them and being an alcoholic made it worse. It got so bad, that many of the family was calling him a liar each time he told a story and it only made him drink more. My' maternal Grandfather served during the Spanish-American War and we believe but still have no proof that he served in WWI and WWII. However, we do know he helped work on building the Atomic Bomb in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and it is likely radioactivity that caused him to be bedridden for the last 6 or more years of his life.
Thank you Sir! You are connected to a proud history of people that believed in this country.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some things may have excited them more like something they remember the individual with, his hat, his knife, etc..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread