Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]on History:

Preview: Lost Gold of World War II[/h]
Watch a preview of the new series Lost Gold of World War II, premiering Tuesday, March 19 at 10/9c.
Duration: 0m 30s

https://www.history.com/shows/lost-...st-gold-of-world-war-ii-season-1-preview-list

It is the last great mystery of WWII. In the closing months of the war, legend has it that the Japanese buried something of immense value deep in the Philippine jungle. The official story is that it is treasure and gold worth perhaps billions of dollars. Japanese soldiers, led by General Yamashita, constructed a massive warren of secret tunnels underground in dozens of locations - before Yamashita had the entrances blown up - trapping the soldiers inside - to keep his secret. It's a grand mystery that involves a secret cadre of princes called the Golden Lily, Japan's feared mafia-like Yakuza, booby-trapped tunnels marked by ancient Japanese symbols, and real-life characters like Douglas MacArthur, Harry Truman, Ferdinand Marcos, George HW Bush, and Bill Clinton. One Philippine farmer witnessed the operation. He has entrusted his secrets to a group of dedicated investigators and engineers who are using the latest technology to search for the treasure and the truth.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I wonder if the TV show will air the contrary evidence to the "sinister plot lines" of the narrative ? There's been an equal amount of debunking of that legend over the years. But ... like American Unearthed and other such shows : I doubt that any such balanced "con" views will be profiled/shown. After all: viewers love a good cliff-hanger suspense treasure story :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like stuff like that but would the finder ever keep the gold lol

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like stuff like that but would the finder ever keep the gold lol

My guess the Philippians, & U.S. would fight over it.
Not sure about Japan.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would throw a few punches if I had a chance of winning some of it lol.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it will not use the same narrator as curse of oak island.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread