Not open for further replies.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing it's fine to post stuff you didn't really find, I'm seeing people do it on here for TV shows. I thought they would ban you for posting stuff that you didn't really find but I guess they changed that on here now?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
If you see a post made in violation of forum rules, it is up to you to make a report. Moderators are volunteers and can not be expected to examine every post made, 24/7. Most moderators will respond to reported violations in a timely manner, even if they do not take the specific action you desire.

Time for more coffee.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... didn't really find, ...

Can you be specific on which post(s) on T'net are of things that persons didn't really "find" ?

Also, maybe a definition of "find" and "found" would be in order. Because it seems there's been some stuff said to be "found" (past tense), that ... what they *really* mean, is that the honed down a treasure location to a certain meadow, cave, lake bottom, etc.... But they have to overcome govt. obstacles now to reach it , etc... But rest assured, they "found" a treasure. Is that the type "finds" you are referring to ? If so: No, that's not disallowed here. Those are very much to be counted as "finds".

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know that regulations say if a person says they found it You are not allowed to call them out on it publicly I have seen many posts that lead me to exclaim absolute BS in my mind but I leave it at that. If a Mod wants to remove it fine. I for one have found some pretty incredible things and I have been called out on them by nay sayers (Privately) and have been forced to provide additional proof Which was sent Privately So let me ask. How do you know they didn't really find it?
I however do agree with you on video posts that are created to generate hits to a website. But I just ignore those and move along.
Keep on Swingin Friend

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I do know that regulations say if a person says they found it You are not allowed to call them out on it publicly ....

You are referring to show & tell posts where someone is actually showing the item(s) they "found". But the regulation also includes "finds" that .... once you read deeply ....they haven't really even "found" yet. But ... again ... depending on how you define the words "find" and "found".

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking we went through this already. The policy of not calling out members who fake finds is in the interest of civility, not honesty. While honesty is the best policy for individuals who are all responsible for and will recieve consequences for their actions, the forum owner(s) value a civil forum, and leave people free to suffer their own consequences.

It all involves the property rights of the forum owner, not a person's responsibility to tell the truth.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had a couple finds this month that are pretty unbelievable .... :)

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a small amount of what I thought might be "dubious" finds being posted on here over the years, mostly in some of the youtube videos. I have never called anyone out, or bothered to report anything because it's nearly impossible to disprove. I do enjoy watching honest diggers making video live digs, but I have got to the point where I will seldom watch youtube links posted on this site any more. I know what the rules are regarding this... so I just choose to move on to the next thread, and not sweat it if someone might be faking a find. It'll catch up to them eventually, in one way or another.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont even let it get to you.They would be the one who has to live with knowing they are a fake plastic person lol I also am never shocked at what people find after being in this hobby so long I dont remember a time I didnt believe a find I just guess that someone doing it would just not make sense to me but Im sure some do.. Spend this time huntin not gruntin lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do watch youtube. With that said, it's normally funny animals or such. I watched this one channel and was liking it, but then the guy dug a shiny buffalo nickel. Yeah, right. A lot of youtube is about the "me" factor, so forget that! I'm not believing most of youtube anymore. Some folks make money off their channels or get endorsements.

Stuff here is more likely 100% as stated as there is nothing really in it for them from this site or their owners.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing it's fine to post stuff you didn't really find, I'm seeing people do it on here for TV shows. I thought they would ban you for posting stuff that you didn't really find but I guess they changed that on here now?

If you suspect a find was not found you contact the mods with your suspicions and why you say it isnt a true find.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Thread is a Violation of TreasureNet Rules imo !!!

Locked, Will be Removed, .

Members Will Be Banned IF YOU publicly accuse someone!

You've been Warned !!!!

Follow these Rules http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=authenticity
& then Move on !

If we agree, We will taKE CARE OF IT !

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you had better have 100% evidence that is was not found before you accuse someone. Its all in t-net rules if you bother to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread