Afibio, Nox 800 or Deus..... time to upgrade....

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well with tax season upon us I have a freind that wants to buy my ATpro, so Im thinking about upgrading and it seems these 3 machines are all great...

I have bin reading alot on the Nox 800 but shy to it because of all the adjustments...(i shouldnt have a problem learning the adjustments)

The Anfibio doesnt really seem like to much of a upgrade compaired to the ATP maybe Im wrong?

I havent read up on the Deus to much but have herd both good and bad...

I hunt parks, yards, creeks, mostly trashy sites and plan to start hitting some old campsites in the U.P. of Michigan will also be hitting the beaches of the Great Lakes once in awhile.

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I know all three are great machines. If you don't like all the settings on the NOX 800 please remember that you don't have to use them unless you want to. You may also want to save some money and consider the NOX 600 (in most factory defaults other than gold the 600 is just as good as the 800).

If you can wait a few months there may be two or even three very interesting machines on the market. The Tarsacci MTD 8000 is in initial sales and seems interesting. A couple of other companies are working on simultaneous muli-frequency machines that should be out before too long.

Best of luck,
-Joe

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, either. I really not too pleased with the comparison videos out there. Bogus if you ask me. As I say "It all looks good on paper and in the test garden." Minelab sounds okay but the big coil is not going to be as nice as the small Garrett 5 x 8. and their 6 inch seems kinda small. The Deus lite WS4 may be the best option with the 9 inch coil. I saw a video on the XP ORX but it doesn't have all the features of the Deus. No matter what you get, there are trade-offs. The multi frequency are good all-around but not as good on a specific target. The ORX on gold will beat many other machines. I don't know, think i will wait.

Last edited:

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta Simplex machines are coming out probably in March. They appear to pack a lot of punch into a low priced detector ($300 for the entry model). I don't think they can compete with a NOX 600 overall, but they're also lower priced than the NOX 600.

I read where White's raised some prices... seems like a very bad business move. Unless they're really good at keeping secrets they seem to be a stagnant company headed for the pages of history.

-Joe

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would "test drive" any machine you are thinking of purchasing. There is a lot of "my machine is better than your machine" out there, and some really out of the park hype on some models. I'd try to find a dealer and try each out if at all possible. Makes for a nice weekend road trip too, if you need to.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I gotta go with smokey on this and agree, go check out what you can and use your personal preference. I tell everyone, performance is where you find it. It can come from any detector model and price is not a guideline on how good a detector is.
Good Luck Stay Gold!
Opie

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Vferrari make jokes about me finding stuff if I would just put a pie pan on a stick. I know why I do well, but if I told you, you might get mad.:laughing7: (And then repeat what I do.) But really, I do poorly some days.

Lately I've been watching detecting buddies and occasionally yelling over one instruction or another! Kinda funny, especially when it works.

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went from AT PRO to the deus and couldn't be happier. I haven't used the others you mentioned but I can tell you the deus is killer on trashy sites. Also the AT Pro which I think is a good detector would hurt my arm and shoulder after a while. The deus feels like a feather compared to the Pro. If you get the deus start off using the preset fast program and tweak it once you learn the detector. Long battery life I'll get 5 or 6 hunts before I think about charging. I did buy the emergency charger I keep in my pouch takes 1AA battery 30min and gives 2 hours of charge. You mentioned creeks with the deus you would need the kit to hunt in water. Like everyone else has said get your hands on a few detectors and try

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, Im leaning more tords the Deus, it will be a 3 hour drive (one way) for me to test one out... so ill have to wait till im ready to take it home as well.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toecutter, think it of it as a magnificent road trip! There are a lot of good machines out there. Some more suited for spots than others. For relics and iron the Deus is King. Minelab excalibur kills it in salt water. On mid range machines the AT Pro is still very good, as are some of the Whites, and of all things the Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero.

Lots of choices, in all fairness I haven't tried the Fisher products but my buddies really like them too.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, Im leaning more tords the Deus, it will be a 3 hour drive (one way) for me to test one out... so ill have to wait till im ready to take it home as well.

I agree. Paypal extended payments $60 for 24 months. The Deus Lite is nice but not all the features, but would be my second choice. $34 per month 24 months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread