No Mess Clad Cleaning

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0225.JPG This is my method of cleaning all the clad coins and it works very well. After tumbling the clad, I dump the coins, gravel, and water into the three items shown. The water falls into the plastic dish, and after shaking the top basket the gravel falls into the middle basket and the coins are retained in the top basket. Water is dumped and the gravel still in the basket sits in the plastic until the next time I need to clean the next load of clad. Quick and easy...no mess.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat, but I don't use any grit or gravel other than what is on the dirty coins when they go into the tumbler.
I just fill mine with coins and water and tumble them for a few hours till they are clean enough to go through a coin counter.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever works.....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting method, will give it a try! :occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The simple and easy methods are the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread