lost Yamashita gold of WW2 starts Tonight on History Channel 10PM Eastern

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
tom i agree with what u point out ...most of the gold stolen i say 80% was in china and went straight to jap ....u look at singapore and java look at the mine in java and the banks ...look at the sea routes to japan from java look at the shipping routes of the japanese from java to manila ...look at the japanese fleets on oct 24 1944 and after ...spending 10 or 20 years on site and internet searching i know some ships every move i even know what they radio to manila most is lies because they knew the code was broken ...i talked to people that were here during the war ... i meet a guy who was on pt 41 ...i know people that have found countless war objects like felix and his father ....i seen more scams and the crazy things people will do like a priest and son digging down 86 feet entil the son died and i know there was never any gold but that priest still believes today ,,, no port no map no ships ever in the area ...

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
tom i agree with what u point out ...most of the gold stolen i say 80% was in china and went straight to jap ....u look at singapore and java look at the mine in java and the banks ...look at the sea routes to japan from java look at the shipping routes of the japanese from java to manila ...look at the japanese fleets on oct 24 1944 and after ...spending 10 or 20 years on site and internet searching i know some ships every move i even know what they radio to manila most is lies because they knew the code was broken ...i talked to people that were here during the war ... i meet a guy who was on pt 41 ...i know people that have found countless war objects like felix and his father ....i seen more scams and the crazy things people will do like a priest and son digging down 86 feet entil the son died and i know there was never any gold but that priest still believes today ,,, no port no map no ships ever in the area ...

MDCLXVI : Good post. I can see that you're seeing both sides of the coin.

And sometimes , to be a skeptic, ADDS TO YOUR FINDS. Not decreases your finds. Because then your time will be chasing likely stories and leads. Not silly ones with more plausible explanations. A bit of scrutiny and hard-questioning will aid in finding goodies. Not handicap you.

If you only have so much time and ability to be out TH'ing, you might as well hone down the "most likely" leads, rather that spurious ones that are most likely ghost stories.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Never forget what u state as debunked ....roxas son what he said in court ...."No my father never found a treasure ...but could u please give me the buddha" ( which one thats my joke) .... that statement what u base your debunked on ...it is paid for or a joke

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Never forget what u state as debunked ....roxas son what he said in court ...."No my father never found a treasure ...but could u please give me the buddha" ( which one thats my joke) .... that statement what u base your debunked on ...it is paid for or a joke

MDCLXVI : I don't understand this question/post. But ..... let's not hog this thread with a diversion to the Roxas issue. Ok ? If you want to take up the more plausible explanations that have been offered for that (ie.: the weaknesses in that "fabulous treasure found" claim), then start a thread on the Yamashita section . Which is here on T'net.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
TOM i just wait there be a new thread about this show...... jeff will posted one here for sure we talk about the show i hope to .... i hope be ok to talk about the roxas story to in the new threat ... i gave up on the dent thread i might get banned i might say something not knowing whats really going on ......america has changed to much and i feel lost in that thread and know nothing of that story

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watched the first episode tonight, and while interesting, I was
left questioning a few things that didn't add up.

They showed the crew hacking their way though dense trees
and brush, then they find the "pyramid" with the hole right
next to it.

Next thing ya know they've got an excavator and a dozer on site.
Really? How'd they get them there?

The shows ending also really chapped my arse. You see that type
of ending on shows when they (producers) don't think the story alone
is enough to bring you back next week..so they leave you hanging
over some "Oh WOW...look at that!" moment. Cheap theatrics, but
it works.

It's also Season 1, Episode 1, meaning they've got a bunch of other
episodes yet to air, so they aren't finding the treasure anytime soon.

Will they be able to gain enough viewers for a second season? I
believe viewers are getting their fill of this type of show...there's
been about a dozen of them over the past few years.

They either need to produce some decent evidence or find part
of the treasure if I'm going to continue watching. Set to record on
my DVR.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So on the show when they interview the (eye witness who was there in 1944) .He said Jap army trucks were hauling boxes up the mountain road (for 3 Months). What ya think they were hauling, at night, tons of M&Ms ?

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever they hauled up the mountain its obvious its not above ground, So its got to be below ground. And If it was a weapon/ammo dump they damn sure wouldn't of blown the entrance to it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOM i just wait there be a new thread about this show...... jeff will posted one here for sure we talk about the show i hope to .... i hope be ok to talk about the roxas story to in the new threat ... i gave up on the dent thread i might get banned i might say something not knowing whats really going on ......america has changed to much and i feel lost in that thread and know nothing of that story

It is OK To discuss a Non Members Hunt.
especially when there are producers, Directors & ratings involved.

in the Yamasheitta Section, Just like in Dents Run, it is Not ok
to go in a Members thread and suggest they are not being 100% Honest.
or argue with a member over their personal Treasure Hunt !

it is also Not OK to Suggest Treasures Do Not Exist
unless the Member brings up that Question them self.

it is a bannable offense to start a thread to discuss a members hunt.
especially to critique it.

or attack a Moderator for his Moderation !
if you do, & our patience with the person is at its end.
Bad things can happen :coffee2:

I'm unfamiliar with the Roxas story.
I Think I know, but,
I'm terrible with names

Last edited:

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading about a 1995 unconfirmed report of a 2-ton block of Platinum, found in 70' of water.

Not able to find much else after they announce the discovery.

But this statement caught my attention.
But many historians doubt Yamashita had time to accumulate and hide such a fortune. He was assigned to the Philippines only 10 days before U.S. troops under Gen. Douglas MacArthur returned to the country.

https://apnews.com/5e554f53b4704f7385e5ba9edd054fbb

The part of Yamashita, being on the island for only 10 days, does anybody have better knowledge of this?

It seems that 10 days, would be impossible to pull off this kind of endeavor.

Respectfully, tim

Adding from Wiki

On 26 September 1944, when the war situation was critical for Japan, Yamashita was rescued from his enforced exile in China by the new Japanese government after the downfall of Hideki Tōjō and his cabinet, and he assumed the command of the Fourteenth Area Army to defend the occupied Philippines on 10 October. U.S. forces landed on Leyte ten days later. On 6 January 1945, the Sixth U.S. Army, totaling 200,000 men, landed at Lingayen Gulf in Luzon.

Yamashita continued to use delaying tactics to maintain his army in Kiangan (part of the Ifugao Province), until 2 September 1945, several weeks after the surrender of Japan. At the time of his surrender, his forces had been reduced to under 50,000 by the lack of supplies and tough campaigning by elements of the combined American and Filipino soldiers including the recognized guerrillas. Yamashita surrendered in the presence of Generals Jonathan Wainwright and Arthur Percival, both of whom had been prisoners of war in Manchuria. Percival had surrendered to Yamashita after the Battle of Singapore.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... it is Not ok to go in a Members thread and suggest they are not being 100% Honest. ....

And to clarify : In the normal discussions @ tech. comparisons, ID's of finds, and suggested evidences/clues for treasures, etc... we can give an opinion that the other person is mistaken . That would not be the same as saying they are lying or dishonest.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to clarify : In the normal discussions @ tech. comparisons, ID's of finds, and suggested evidences/clues for treasures, etc... we can give an opinion that the other person is mistaken . That would not be the same as saying they are lying or dishonest.

as long as they do not Harp on it, Or offend in the way they say it of course.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
So on the show when they interview the (eye witness who was there in 1944) .He said Jap army trucks were hauling boxes up the mountain road (for 3 Months). What ya think they were hauling, at night, tons of M&Ms ?

RTR, M&M's ? No. But necessarily a treasure ? Consider the following true example :

Recently, I arrived at my business in the middle of the night, JUST in time to see someone exiting from the shadows of where we park our company heavy equipment. He got in a vehicle and drove away. I was CONVINCED I had just interrupted a burglary/theft in progress. (Because we'd recently been having batteries stolen out of our equipment). So I gave chase. The entire time, I'm on the phone with 911, telling them how I'm chasing a burglar, blah blah.

By the time the cops came into the chase, 5 minutes later, out on country roads by then: There were 3 cop cars. I let them take over, and I dropped back. They shut down the road, cornered the guy's car in. Guns drawn, lights, etc....

Ok, if anyone had been happen-chance passing by this scene at 2am, they would have assumed that a bankrobbery or something serious had just gone down. Right ? I returned to my shop, and studied all our vehicles. Nothing stolen, nothing touched. I then saw a condom on the ground where the vehicle had been. It THEN became clear to me, that I had merely interupted a dude and his gal who were .... uh ..... "doing their thing". And perhaps he had just exited the vehicle to take a leak in the shadows nearby, at the exact moment I drove up.

Don't get "lost in the example". But just understand that anytime heavy equipment, suspicious workers, trucks driving down roads, LEO's making a fuss, etc... don't necessarily mean that we need to conclude: "Treasure". There can be other reasons for things. ESPECIALLY when it's someone relying on 70+ yr. old memories of something that happened when he was a kid. Just sayin'....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Possible the Trucks were Hauling Construction Equipment
up the Mountain to Build the Pyramid.

Am curious Why the Pyramid Though.

or if that predates the War

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Possible the Trucks were Hauling Construction Equipment
up the Mountain to Build the Pyramid.

Am curious Why the Pyramid Though.

or if that predates the War

Trucks, for Three Months (every single night ) to haul up material to build that SMALL Pyramid ? I think not.
But I'm thinking they might of let the "eye witness" live, to tell his story,just as a decoy (as to the true location)of the treasure.
What the treasure hunters Really need is LIDAR !
As to the 'reason' of the pyramid.In a Thick Jungle IT would stand out like a sore thumb,as a marker :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trucks, for Three Months (every single night ) to haul up material to build that SMALL Pyramid ? I think not.
But I'm thinking they might of let the "eye witness" live, to tell his story,just as a decoy (as to the true location)of the treasure.
What the treasure hunters Really need is LIDAR !
As to the 'reason' of the pyramid.In a Thick Jungle IT would stand out like a sore thumb,as a marker :)

according to Last weeks Preview LIDAR is Coming :thumbsup:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... ,just as a decoy (as to the true location)of the treasure....

I had conversations, years ago, with guys hunting the Yamashita treasure. And when the subject of endless dry holes (despite ciphers, cryptogram clue squiggles on rocks, markers, etc....) , they did not consider those to be evidences of a wild goose chase. Instead, they considered all those dry holes to be ALL THE MORE EVIDENCE of a treasure. Because, naturally, those were "decoy" markers. Put out by the Japanese, to lead future would-be treasure hunters off the path of the real treasure location.

HHhhmmmm

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
In this show did they mention the name of the city , village , road ...it had to be in LUZON i try to see if ive been to the place .......what members point out is so far normal military activity i know this could not of happened on most smaller islands no fuel that time period wasted on trucks ( later 1944- 1945) .... planes only ...watch the real films of 1945 ... negros . cebu ...bohol ...siquijor ... i know of only one time they used trucks in there last ditch move after shipping was cut off oct 25 1944 ....no gasoline for 300 planes oct 1944 northern negros that was for real but they wasted it for joy rides ...light bomber found in basay cause of crash no fuel left luzon with just enough to reach targets in the south china sea ...so that bomber was wasted so they could move gold up mountains some as high as 7000 feet when they had what 50,000 men to carry it ....i guess they should of call it the bataan truck ride instead of the death march remember if this story any where near baguio it took the same route as the death march ..i hope the truck they showed was made in the USA old sugar cane truck ...and the train that moved it was made at baldwin Penn in 1903 and today sits in tarlac ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had conversations, years ago, with guys hunting the Yamashita treasure. And when the subject of endless dry holes (despite ciphers, cryptogram clue squiggles on rocks, markers, etc....) , they did not consider those to be evidences of a wild goose chase. Instead, they considered all those dry holes to be ALL THE MORE EVIDENCE of a treasure. Because, naturally, those were "decoy" markers. Put out by the Japanese, to lead future would-be treasure hunters off the path of the real treasure location.

HHhhmmmm

I'd consider it, Getting there Too Late

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread