Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for about 1 year now. Still learning it though - much of that is due to using my other machines instead of really putting my efforts into the MMK. It isn't a difficult machine to learn, but (for me anyway) it's enough of a change (from my Whites machines) that I have to think about what I'm doing when setting it up for a hunt.

Well built machine. Light weight, swings nicely, and is well balanced. Fast recovery (3 tone) - does a nice job of unmasking targets in trash. 4 tone is deep, but a bit on the noisy side of things. Does very well in salt water, but probably not the machine for dedicated salt water hunters. Stock coil is a good one but I prefer the 7 inch concentric coil.

Bottle caps often ring up as quarters - but the tone is just a hair off (stock coil). Wiggle the coil back to the edge of detecting the target and a bottle cap gives a broken tone (kind of an iron grunt) prior to giving a quarter tone.

I have dug a number of good targets where the hole had trash objects above/below/near the good targets.

Love the included wireless headphones. They're so much better (IMO) than corded headphones. I do not own the waterproof headphones and do not plan on getting them (I don't hunt in water that is more than a foot deep - or thereabouts).

I'm not a fan of the pinpoint button placement - off-center to the left side of the face as you're looking down at the screen - but the pinpoint function works quite well.

Changing modes, settings, etc.. is easy and you don't have to dig through menus to do so. I do find that I must pay attention though, as I sometimes end up changing something that I wasn't intending to change (hitting the wrong button, by mistake). Again, that is due to my being familiar with my Whites machines - not a problem with the MMK.

I did purchase the external battery holder, but haven't used it. Thus far the internal battery life has been very good - far exceeding my willingness to hunt until they run out of juice. I really like the internal battery - no batteries to buy and I don't have to fumble around putting batteries in a holder each time I want to go hunting. I do have to remember to charge the machine/headphones if I have been using it a lot - or haven't used it for quite some time - but that hasn't been an issue thus far.

I did do the first update - that proved to be very simple and easy - but have not done the second update (it doesn't offer anything I am interested in).

I am very pleased with my purchase.

OP
OP
navek

navek

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2019
South Wales
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very good info & write up and thank you for that Tahts-a-dats-ago.:occasion14:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the MMK Multi as well. 3 tone is great if your just starting out. It's very quiet and reliable especially at 89 gain but it's not as deep as 4 tone. 3 tone is also great in trashy areas on 19khz to really pick out the good stuff from the trash. 4 tone mode takes a lot of getting used to and it can get annoying fast if not downright frustrating. I may run it at a frequency offset of F1 and turn the gain down to 65-70 to quiet it down. I also have the Racer 2. If they made a Waterproof Racer 2 I would have bought that over the MMK in a heartbeat. 2 tone on the Racer 2 is sparky, but not nearly as annoying as 4 tone on the MMK. Both machines have the cordless headsets and they are fantastic. Everything Tahts-a-dats-ago said is spot on regarding the MMK. I also purchased the external battery holder. I have used it a couple of times and keep it with me in case I run out of battery power on the internal Lipo. I also did the 1st update, but not the second for the same reason that Tahts mentioned. If your not concerned with a waterproof detector checkout the Racer 2, but the multi gives you more options and more frequencies to work with.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice reviewTaht-a-dats-ago, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
navek

navek

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2019
South Wales
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE