Comparing Whites M6 to AT Pro??

Pikeslumber

Greenie
Feb 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm aware the M6 is older and a different price bracket than the AT Pro but for coin hunting and some beach hunting, how close do ya'll think the M6 is to the more expensive AT? When I say beach I do mean the beach and not looking to get in the water. While the AT is waterproof I have read that the M6 is great in the sand and saltwater. Is the AT that deeper for coins and that much better in the sand than the M6 to pay that much money difference? Any thoughts?
One more question for you M6 fans. What is a good coil to run on the M6 and settings for field and park coin hunting?

Last edited:

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have both detectors and like both. The AT Pro is probably a little bit better for coins in a park or in dry ocean sand but it isn't as deep by a couple of inches to the M6 in my soil. The M6 is definitely better in wet sand on the northern California beaches. I would choose the M6 any day over the Garrett but I like the MXT Pro best of all. My wife prefers the Garrett ATP but I out hunt her two to one.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Pikes, You probably already know the M6 is the little brother to the MXT and uses similar board and electronics. The MXT has a specific salt/mineral feature as does the M6 So because of this the M6 does a tick better all around than the AT-Pro.
The M6 for some reason seems to like the White's 6x10 DD coil, It will get as deep as the 9.5 concentric that comes on it but gives you better target separation. I would highly recommend the 6x10 for the M6.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread