S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net! :hello:

I was very lucky enough to escape that town 40 yrs ago.... :notworthy:

Not sure if you've lived there a long time, know the area, or are new there, but,
ever hear of Palmyra? Off the Kinchafoonee(*sp?) creek?
Go down Palmyra rd there at N. Slappy. After you pass what used to be Ledo rd, at (what used to be) Fussell rd. (not sure if they're still the same names)….
At the "T" junction(where Fussell meets Palmyra), 30 steps into the woods is a clear crystal spring comes up outta the ground.
If you follow the small creek from that spring, it will go underground & re-emerge as a built up square spring.
The Indians built up that spring, if I'm not mistaken. It could have been the early settlers, can't be exactly sure....
Last time I was there, a deer & baby had fallen into the spring, thus we didn't feel like swimming or exploring it, that day.
There may be some artifacts there... Not sure if that land has been sold, developed, or is still just woods. It used to be a major flood zone when the creek floods & water tables rise.

Albany has A LOT of rich history! The Indians reffered to the Flint river as having 3 currents.
I would think anywhere along the flint, or many of it's tributaries & creeks, you could find signs of occupation.

The local museum or library may have some additional info on Indian settlements around the area.
GL & HH, let us know what you come up with.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net! :hello:

I was very lucky enough to escape that town 40 yrs ago.... :notworthy:

Not sure if you've lived there a long time, know the area, or are new there, but,
ever hear of Palmyra? Off the Kinchafoonee(*sp?) creek?
Go down Palmyra rd there at N. Slappy. After you pass what used to be Ledo rd, at (what used to be) Fussell rd. (not sure if they're still the same names)….
At the "T" junction(where Fussell meets Palmyra), 30 steps into the woods is a clear crystal spring comes up outta the ground.
If you follow the small creek from that spring, it will go underground & re-emerge as a built up square spring.
The Indians built up that spring, if I'm not mistaken. It could have been the early settlers, can't be exactly sure....
Last time I was there, a deer & baby had fallen into the spring, thus we didn't feel like swimming or exploring it, that day.
There may be some artifacts there... Not sure if that land has been sold, developed, or is still just woods. It used to be a major flood zone when the creek floods & water tables rise.

Albany has A LOT of rich history! The Indians reffered to the Flint river as having 3 currents.
I would think anywhere along the flint, or many of it's tributaries & creeks, you could find signs of occupation.

The local museum or library may have some additional info on Indian settlements around the area.
GL & HH, let us know what you come up with.

That is private property now and the owner won't let anybody on it. Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
G

GCHAPMAN64

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2019
Southwest Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all of the replies. Been hunting some of our farms and finding some decent pieces and points.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is private property now and the owner won't let anybody on it. Ask me how I know.

My friends and I have tried to gain permission to detect this site but the owner won't allow anyone access, He says his wife detects.
I've wondered who owns that property now. :icon_scratch:
Tell me it's a fellow with the last name Johnson....
His family has lived up the road for many decades now.
The Hastys, who used to live on Fussell, were fellow church members, years back.

How does one find arrowheads with a metal detector? :dontknow:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wondered who owns that property now. :icon_scratch:
Tell me it's a fellow with the last name Johnson....
His family has lived up the road for many decades now.
The Hastys, who used to live on Fussell, were fellow church members, years back.

How does one find arrowheads with a metal detector? :dontknow:

It is owned by a lawyer now. As far as finding arrowheads you have to have a special setting and not all detectors have it.:laughing7: The point I was trying to make is the owner won't let anybody on the property to do anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread