Finding treasure (or other things) in unusual places

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking with a detecting buddy the other day and this topic came up in our conversation. As I thinking back through the years, I do have a few instances that come to mind.

Many years ago I was detecting the dry sand at a southern California beach and spotted a box of Marlboro red. I opened it up and inside were a half a pack of smokes and two twenty dollar bills. Kept the bills and discarded the smokes. Another time, a few years ago here in Texas I was detecting a playground at a local park, and setting right there on one of the swings was a nice stiletto style spring assisted knife. I have also found un-fired bullets in tot lots (what's up with that?) Anyway, if you have any similar stories to tell please feel free to share them here. Enjoy this great hobby and as always,

Happy hunting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I too have found un-fired bullets in tot-lots? :dontknow:

About a month ago at the beach, I found a small (egg size) beautiful smooth rock carefully painted with nice decorations and the inscription: "Jesus Loves You!".

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years ago at Moore Creek mining I had this great strong signal, I'd chases it a little, but it was close to supper so I stopped meaning to come right back after eating...At dinner I was chatting with one of the owners of Moore Creek Steve H and told him I had a signal I was chasing with my 3000. He said I've got one too, so we both went back to our spots I was carefully removing more soil and the hole was getting pretty deep. Steve walked up and his had turned out to be a suspender button.. I passed my coil over the hole and he said wow that sounds pretty good..
Took another shovel foll out and glimpsed something in the very bottom.. Well I carefully removed the rest of the loose material and exposed the target. Lol, it was a flattened round Merry Widow Condom can lid.. Had a very good laff over that one....

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 years ago i was metaldetecting in Mexico Michoacan. I saw a few little caves on the side of a very rocky hill. I put my coil into the ground in one cave and i had a great signal. The dirt was lose so i started digging with my hands. At 6 inches deep i took out a plastic beg with 30 to 50 new condoms wraped in tin foil. What a treasure!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin signal in the woods half dollar ish pretty deep dig it up its a cat Tag liscense with the Cat skeleton rrrrrhhh

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin signal in the woods half dollar ish pretty deep dig it up its a cat Tag liscense with the Cat skeleton rrrrrhhh

Well, I bet that was a big surprise. Definitely unusual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread