anyone else get insomnia? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: anyone else get insomnia?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2016
    2986 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Got the opposite problem.
    I get off work and sit down in the lazy chair.
    Open my eyes and I'm almost late to work.

Can't put dinner stuff away..get anything done at home..finish a tv show.

Lights out...
    RustyGold and AARC like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3387 times
    Good replies and a lot to think about here so far.

For me, I'll be sitting in my living room feeling dead tired, occasionally about to fall asleep in my chair, but the minute I lay in bed I'm wide awake again. I think part of it is the arthritis in my knees makes it hard to get comfortable, but it does that in the chair or on the couch too....

I can't try pot for it, I work construction and that would cause me all sorts of trouble if there was an accident on a job, (plus I just can't handle the smell of it) but I'll look into the other things mentioned here
    AARC, Joe-Dirt, Truth and 2 others like this.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Feb 2017
    814 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My mother had great results with CBD oil for numerous things. She’s in her mid 70s and was desperate so she tried it on the advice of a family friend. Bad knee pain... couldnt walk but maybe 10 steps before she had to sit... High blood pressure and high sugar numbers... has been on meds for years and all they did was cause major side effects. This particular CBD oil is the highest quality available in the US and is produced in USA.

I can tell you my mother now is off all high blood pressure meds, is walking better than I am, and her blood sugar numbers are in half. Happened all within a month of taking it 2x a day. Since then everyone in my family is using it. Including our pets. ( there is a pet formula too).

There are so many companies selling other than high quality CBD. Be sure to read the label. And if they don’t offer third party lab results.. forget it. Fancy packaging does not equate high quality. Some are produced by chemical extraction... ethanol. Yep what’s in your car. This company uses CO2 extraction.

For those worried about drug tests.. this company offers a ZERO TCH formula. They have 11 or twelve products. Some with TCG. Some ZERO.

Anyway I’m not here to promote the stuff but I’m a believer. If you want more info PM me.
    BillA, AARC and RustyGold like this.

Feb 2017
    814 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Typo time again. THC is the correct acronym. Also I’ll add the amount of THC in the products that have it is minimal. Does not get you high. For me it just has a relaxing affect. Helps me sleep.
    AARC, Truth and lairmo like this.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1340 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    When y'all figure it out, let me know. My eyes will pop open at 3 AM, and that's it.
    Same

Chub

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6279 times
    I find I need less and less sleep the older I get. I stay up late and do some form of activity after dinner. Like jog around the block. I limit my drinking now too. That kept me awake.
    When I go to sleep at 9 or 10 I pop awake at 3 AM When I go to sleep at midnight I pop awake at 5 or 6. At least there is lees day when starting at 6 than 3 I am fine on 6 hours.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2910 times
    Try taking a magnesium supplement - at least 200 mg a day helps improve your ability to fall asleep faster. You need to take it for at least a week or two before it starts working.
    MetalArchSC, RustyGold and ticndig like this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    967 times
    MetalArchSC likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2030 times
    I have cat-induced insomnia. They have me trained to get up and feed them at 0400. If I just pull the sheet over my head, one will start knocking things off night stands and the other will scratch at the bed. At some level, I admire the teamwork. Retired, I don't have to stay up after feeding them at 0400 and sometimes can't get back to sleep. I know the solution is to put them in the basement and let them up to feed at a normal time, but they have me well trained.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Mar 2016
    2986 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I have cat-induced insomnia. They have me trained to get up and feed them at 0400. If I just pull the sheet over my head, one will start knocking things off night stands and the other will scratch at the bed. At some level, I admire the teamwork. Retired, I don't have to stay up after feeding them at 0400 and sometimes can't get back to sleep. I know the solution is to put them in the basement and let them up to feed at a normal time, but they have me well trained.
    As long as you know where you stand in the house and can swallow being manipulated by a cat.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2030 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    As long as you know where you stand in the house and can swallow being manipulated by a cat.
    Having worked in gov't for 32 years, I've seen things far more ridiculous than serving cats.
    MetalArchSC, BillA, Simon1 and 1 others like this.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 600,Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5” SS and a couple of shovels
    3937 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    No matter what time I go to bed, I’m up at 4:30am. If I’m having trouble sleeping, I just read or watch YouTube
    “I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    967 times
    4:30 AM, 1st of many cups of sock coffee, light rain -> moderate (~1"/hr; 12'/yr total); have fed the cat and am browsing TN - a full life, lol.
    I do relate to the cat comment, and for 8 hr feedings of raw meat 4 AM seems most convenient; then noon and 8 PM. The cat does rule.

I view insomnia as an illness/dysfunctionality within the head, and for me the solution is what I call 'mental housecleaning'
    to ensure that I do not pursue circular thinking about that which I cannot change.
    I enjoy thinking but have an absolute limit on worrying, I don't and wont.
    (The passenger test: Are you driving? If not, sit back, relax, and enjoy the view. Don't like -> leave, but never ever whine.)
    Insomnia for me is directly related to stress, more correctly it is my reaction to stress.
    So where does stress come from ? We do that in our heads.

But discipline is not in vogue today . . . . .

hours slept is an interesting investigation (a window into your head)
    Simon1, Megalodon and Arthur-Dent like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    967 times
    and there is more (sorry)

meditation is a skill that should be learned by everyone, practice to one's inclination
    it has a calming effect and absolutely can be used to put oneself down for the count, sleep on demand

Silva Method is one org doing such training (meditation is so foreign to my mindset that I had to repeat the course 3 times)

Mar 2016
    2986 times
    Automatic feeder on a timer?

Sounds like these cats indeed have the owners trained.
    Luckily I'm a dog person and he gets fed on my schedule.
    I've got him trained to do his thing before he comes in and hold it all night.
    He does occasionally wake me if there is an emergency.

When it starts to be a habit, I ignore him and go back to sleep. That breaks the habit.

My older dog had a good excuse and I can remember getting up at 3:00 every morning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links