UH OH, This ain't good! Somebody call the Railroad!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing like getting half of a double wide stuck on the tracks! We had been seeing both halves of the double wide sitting about fifty yards from the tracks for a month or longer. Guess they had been waiting for someone to try to get them across the tracks which are higher than the ground on either side. Today, was apparently the day to try and they failed big time. This was earlier today, I don't know if they got it off or not, I haven't been paying attention to whether or not the train has gone thru down below us. Guess somebody was doing some serious cussing LOL. Stalled? More like high centered.

Attachments

• 14067.png
    14067.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 101

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time To Move the Tracks around It & Set up Housekeeping Right There :coffee2:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They broke the back on that half of a home. It will never be right. The frame is now bent. roof is snapped. Wow. Mobile home movers, I hate to generalize, and apologize to those out there who do it for a living, but I never met one who was right in the head. Haven't known that many, a dozen or so.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just last year, I was a quarter mile or so behind a half home being hauled down the highway, and one of the left wheels on the trailer just came off at 60 mph. It kept on rolling down the fast lane, slowly angled off the road, crossed the wide grassy median, and finally stopped next to the opposite direction lanes. It must have rolled a quarter mile. The driver just kept going, he still had one axle on that side after all.

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend put them together AFTER they got on site. Moving one was never his idea of fun. I wouldn't want to do it. I see a lot of them. Why they have mobile homes in Kansas I'll never know.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to set up and was on a moving crew that thing would be toast if those tracks are high driver is insured for a lot probably refused to go over them we had one where we set it at a park but there was a lot of sand which we wanted to clear before putting it in the home owner rented a front loader and tried to pull it in himself bent the frame the structural integrity was destroyed 60000 dollar double wide cause he couldn't wait 1 day you also if moving the far have a chase crew always changing fixing the wheels they are great for the price but delicate moving them

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be a switch on the news for once.

"It sounded like a tornado when the freight train came through and destroyed our house."

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a phone to call the railroad. Just take your steel tape measure and measure from one track to the other. It'll arc out just as if there were a wreck and you will have railroad, firefighters, and cops on scene in short order.

No, I won't tell you how I learned that

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They got it off but that half is shot for sure, when crossing that spot, there is a heck of a drop on both sides of the tracks. What is crazy is that they had other choices for crossings, they just had to go from 4 to 10 miles out of their way but they would have been flatter and easier crossings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions