Apparently it doesn't work that way.

JMaynard

Aug 4, 2018
Texas
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger, BH Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one whose wife does this. She goes on Amazon, puts a few things in the shopping cart and then walks away from it knowing that the next time I need to order something I'll see them and think well shoot, she probably needed that for something so since I'm ordering something I have need of might as well just go ahead and order her stuff too since she probably just forgot to hit order. We had a conversation about that the other day, and she told me "well I didn't order it so I can't be blamed". That got the wheels turning in my head, and when that happens usually something bad happens.

I got to thinking, two can play that game. So, a Nox 800, with pinpointer, headphones, and the works ended up in the shopping cart, just over $1,000.00, and I walked away. A few hours later she's telling me she needs a new printer for her home business, and of course I tell her do what you gotta do, knowing the trap I've set. So she selects her printer which was just under $300, puts it in the cart and I nearly have a heart attack laughing as she looks at the total price of nearly $1300, checks the cart and sees what I added in there. I told her well if you order it that means i didn't and I can't be held responsible. Guess what got taken out of the shopping cart and who doesn't have an Equinox on the way. Oh well can't blame a guy for trying right.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting game but a potentially dangerous one as well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Daughter does that to me lol tell her look my legs are cold give me those pants back lol
You can transfer warranty and ownership on Minelabs find a friend with a military service have them buy it get zi think it's a 20 percent discount. Tommy

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never win at that game...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna try that game with my wife. She forgets a lot anyway ! Should be easy.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife did similar to that over the last ten years and racked us up close to six figures in debt.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do that to myself, I'll get some idea for a project, drop some supplies in the cart and leave them there, and if next time I see them I still think it's a good idea I'll go ahead and order them, if not then I've saved myself some money and also from having random parts for something I've lost interest in laying around.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the opposite problem. I'm on Amazon everyday and put things in the cart and then at 1am after a few drinks hit buy. The next week is filled with "What did you buy now? When things arrive" Most of the time I forgot and can't give an answer....... Hint: Once in awhile buy something she will like and say "But it's probably for you dear"

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one whose wife does this. She goes on Amazon, puts a few things in the shopping cart and then walks away from it knowing that the next time I need to order something I'll see them and think well shoot, she probably needed that for something so since I'm ordering something I have need of might as well just go ahead and order her stuff too since she probably just forgot to hit order. We had a conversation about that the other day, and she told me "well I didn't order it so I can't be blamed". That got the wheels turning in my head, and when that happens usually something bad happens.

I got to thinking, two can play that game. So, a Nox 800, with pinpointer, headphones, and the works ended up in the shopping cart, just over $1,000.00, and I walked away. A few hours later she's telling me she needs a new printer for her home business, and of course I tell her do what you gotta do, knowing the trap I've set. So she selects her printer which was just under $300, puts it in the cart and I nearly have a heart attack laughing as she looks at the total price of nearly $1300, checks the cart and sees what I added in there. I told her well if you order it that means i didn't and I can't be held responsible. Guess what got taken out of the shopping cart and who doesn't have an Equinox on the way. Oh well can't blame a guy for trying right.

Haven't you learned yet, that is only a one way deal.:hello:

OP
OP
JMaynard

JMaynard

Aug 4, 2018
Texas
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger, BH Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a dangerous game to play, but I tend to learn the hard way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread