Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab Equinox 600/800 Firmware update 2.0 just released 9/25/19

https://www.metal-detectors.co.za/blog/minelab-equinox-firmware-update-2

https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/equinox-600

OVERVIEW
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800 Firmware Update 2.0 released on 25 September 2019.

The Minelab Equinox Software Upgrade 2.0 adds a new Iron Bias settings profile to both the Minelab Equinox 600 and Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector metal detectors, as well as improving the backlight on the Equinox 600.

What is new?
Difficult ferrous targets - the common enemy for all detectorists. That is until EQUINOX. Hit the download on our EQUINOX update to make those pesky bottle caps, rusty nails and other falsing targets a thing of the past. Fire up the Minelab Update Utility, and you're on your way. It's simple. You'll experience the enhanced Iron Bias feature, improved EQUINOX 600 backlight, and much more.

Improved Iron Bias
Iron Bias has been enhanced with the addition of a new Iron Bias settings profile. The original EQUINOX Iron Bias 'FE' settings will still be available, but there is now the option to switch to the new Iron Bias 'F2' settings, which have an improved capability to reject a much wider range of difficult iron targets, including bottle caps.

EQUINOX 600 Backlight Brightness
The EQUINOX 600 now has the ability to adjust the backlight brightness to an additional 'Low' setting that matches the minimum setting on the EQUINOX 800. This 'Low' brightness is ideal for detecting at night and in low light conditions.

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 54
  • complete.JPG
    complete.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it easy to do and do the detector stores do it I live very close to serious detecting wonder what they would charge I never did the original update that was offered after production would that be done with this new update Thanks. Tommy

OP
OP
🧱South Jersey Scolino🏴☠️
Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Tommy,

Just updated mine. Very easy to update. Use the link I posted. Plug your charging cable usb into your computer and attach other end to the Equinox and power it on. Must be powered on for update to run. Then scroll down to the Minelab Firmware Update Utility link. Select Windows or Mac. The firmware update utility will then run you through the process of applying the update to your Minelab Equinox detector.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ill give it the old GED try

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread