I was wondering about cordless headphones

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
I have nice pair they cost about $50.00 I don't care for them they don't sound good with the M-lab

HH

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a pair at BI MART for 12 dollars that have volum control on each ear they are great.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I have a set from radio shack and did much research when my regular headphones snapped a couple of wires.

I like mine but do have to say that they do not keep out alot of sound like the headphones that cover all of the ear. What I do like is that I can hear things going on around me so I am not surprised by someone showing up next to me.

The tone was slightly different and I can hunt for up to 8 hours before I need to recharge. I like mine very much and enjoy the freedom I have by not being teathered by the cord. Everyone has their preference and the prices can range from as low as $12.00 as I have seen mentioned here up to $100.00. My total cost with the adapter and extended warranty was $70.00.

Do your research and good luck. I own a Whites M6 and they work fine for me.
HH Roy

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
I have tried a few different brands with the logitec freepulse being the best. If you have a silent search only detector that only puts out three or four different all or nothing tones there should be no problem.

However I found with threshold multi tone machines way to much gets lost in the translation so I am still putting up with the cord and I hate it.

OP
OP
Pogo

Pogo

Oct 19, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I ordered a pair from Kellyco. And they arrived today. They look pretty good. I tried them in my back yard, and they sounded good with a penny and a dime on top of the ground.

I'm anxious to go try them out this weekend.

1_headphones2.jpg

1_headphones.jpg

And here I have attached the Bluetooth transmitter to my detector.

1_bluetooth3.jpg

It is attached with velcro, so that I can take it off, and attach it to one of my other metal detectors if I want.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Radio Shack ones and they work just fine. There have been discussions on the RS phones on other forums and the main complaint is that they are kind of fragile. I'm careful and haven't had any problems. However, I would suggest the purchase of their extended warranty just in case. I have heard good things about the Logitech Freepulse ones and plan on trying them next. Best Buy has them for $99.99.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions