Fishing with RC boat .Has anyone here tried it ?

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.jpg A better look at the area

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool looking place!! If you are going to use a planer board to get your shad down 20' that will really increase the water drag and the amount of tension on the clip necessary to hold all that without tripping it. I'd think at least a three foot RC boat with a good amount of beam would be necessary to not tip over with the weight of the water drag and then the tug when fish is struck to release clip. Interesting postulation here, I hope you rig up something cool that works and can show it to all us other fishermen who want to get their bait where no bait has gone before.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool looking place!! If you are going to use a planer board to get your shad down 20' that will really increase the water drag and the amount of tension on the clip necessary to hold all that without tripping it. I'd think at least a three foot RC boat with a good amount of beam would be necessary to not tip over with the weight of the water drag and then the tug when fish is struck to release clip. Interesting postulation here, I hope you rig up something cool that works and can show it to all us other fishermen who want to get their bait where no bait has gone before.

No, not using a board,just the quick disconnect clip ,in the Pix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread