Clive James Clynick - I owe him an apology.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As most of you know, I've been unfairly harsh in my criticism of Clive Clynick, and his work. I was a bit surprised to find three of his books in my mailbox, with a letter from the woman that sent them, explaining in detail how they helped her become more confident, and proficient with her machines, and her beach hunting technique. I read the books.

Responding to her letter, I agreed that they were easy to understand, and did indeed have some very good advice in them. About a week ago, I sent them back, and promised I would apologize to Clive, publicly.

Clive, I can now say that I have read some of your work, and you have my sincere apology for my ill conceived attacks on you, and your books. I was wrong, pure and simple. You are an extremely accomplished treasure hunter, detectorist, and author. I'm sorry.

As cool as I think I am, I can be a real idiot sometimes as well. Gosh, that was hard to admit! God Bless - Terry

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to man up, well done sir!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry you are a man of integrity, I salute you sir.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes a real man to admit when he’s wrong. You’ve done that. You’ll never be an idiot to me and I still and always will think of you as a cool guy. PS ( I wish you would have sent me the books lol ) take care my friend.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, I've respected you as a man for the years I've been on here. Good on you my friend!

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive been banging around with MDs for a very long time. (1971) had to learn everything on my own and believe me in the wild of the last frrontier you learn how valuable history books, old maps, biographies etc, really are.. It is a constant learning cycle but things of old can be found if you do your research...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job Terry! :occasion14:

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s why you’re looked up to, whether you know it or not. Thank you for being the example.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that’s a great man right there!...
Do you have a twin and is he single?LOL

I just had this conversation with a friend of mine the other day. Why is it so hard for most people to admit when they are wrong? For me as soon as I realize I am wrong, I have to apologize or it eats me up inside until I do.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry as someone who doesn't know your or your comments about Clive, or even Clive himself... I appreciate your post. It feels good to admit you are wrong sometimes.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, but you are not the first person to realize that you were wrong or have spoken incorrectly. it happens, heck, I've heard of only one perfect one. call it living on the edge! great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread