Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with this one. The seller has "0" feedback.

If you live in Ca. go look at it before bidding, or have him take a couple of pictures of him holding it, with a current readable newspaper in the shot.

Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because he is New I'd be Cautious, But he does
accept Credit cards which give Protection.

He could have started it at $1.00 Many Seasoned
Sellers do. Starting price means Nothing.
Notice it says Minimum bid not met.
His Minimum bid accepted may be $1000,00

Dosn't make it a Scam.

He May have just Bit off more then he could Chew
and didn't realise it till it came in the mail.

Michigander2005

May 30, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III , Freedom 3, and GTP 1350
I wouldn't bid on it reseve not met anyway. 2 years no feedback :o

on the plus side a lot of scams "highjacked accounts "would have a email account in the listing this doesn't so might be a legit ?

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought from Kellyco in the last month, called in the evening & I did get transferred to their Florida office, & received my pkg from Kellyco in Florida, so it must be a satellite office.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the others say, it is $500 opening bid, has a reserve, and many serious bidders do not bid till the end.

I see no logic, or reason to bid and have someone counter my bid with days to go in an auction. I will bid the most the item is worth to me in the last hour, I either get it or I don't, but when I get it I get it at my price.

OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Is the $1099 price I see a flat fee that never gets to go on sale ever?
Since I just started researching on the 1000 it seems that's the only price I've found. Is there a time that they go on sale? :'(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find it any cheaper from a dealer, they are not allowed to sell below a set price. You can find good ones on ebay though, as well as on some of the detector sites if you keep checking every day.

Now might be a good time as some hunters sell them for what ever reason in the winter.

I bought both of my Excals used, and they worked perfect on arrival and are still working perfect.

good Luck and good hunting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Like the others say, it is $500 opening bid, has a reserve, and many serious bidders do not bid till the end.

I see no logic, or reason to bid and have someone counter my bid with days to go in an auction. I will bid the most the item is worth to me in the last hour, I either get it or I don't, but when I get it I get it at my price.

I agree. No serious bidder will put a bid in till the last 10 seconds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread