Day light savings time, just flat out stupid
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Day light savings time, just flat out stupid

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX still going strong after 20 years
    284 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Day light savings time, just flat out stupid

So for months we lose time to go outside and do whatever, just lovely, Iíll be in the dark when Iím dead so you no how I feel about this, gee even Ohio was considering getting rid of it but gotta go through sorry government which is a complete waste, we should kindly fire them they waste millions of taxpayer dollars, ok enough of that donít want to cross the line, but true. If your up in age next spring might not be a possibility considering health etc very true so millions of us have to deal with winter, but time change is flat out dumb no wonder the doctors get busier, mental patients, not funny but true. Ok care to give opinion why not.

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    786 times
    I agree. No reason to do it. I hate when this time of year comes around. Here in Fl. the weather stays nice until Jan so we have to live with darkness at 5pm. Sucks. I'm tempted to not change my clocks and just adjust Dr appointments and such to MY time.
    Last edited by Billieg; Nov 03, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    284 times
    Nice reply, another dam thing to take away freedom time to spend with family or ourselves, day time, government screws up everything, why does it always come down to that, well cause it. Rid them all they are unaccountable to many, Wild West days need to come back, doctor love this time of year more visits from us like we don’t have enough problems.
    Billieg likes this.

us
    Aug 2016
    Maryland
    Garrett Ace 250
    804 times
    I remember a number of years ago when some friends ran a dairy farm. The time changes were always a pain. Their comment was that cows don't care what the clock says.

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 1884 Wheaties
    1745 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Just heard on the news that doctors report more depression cases when we Fall back and more heart attacks when we Spring ahead. Go figure.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    8098 times
    I agree that changing times twice a year is stupid, but before you go screaming at the govt because it gets dark an hour earlier.... THIS is the true time of day. This is what it would be like anyway if DST was abolished.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    I agree. No reason to do it. I hate when this time of year comes around. Here in Fl. the weather stays nice until Jan so we have to live with darkness at 5pm. Sucks. I'm tempted to not change my clocks and just adjust Dr appointments and such to MY time.

There is bill that passed both house on Florida governor's desk waiting to be signed to remove Florida from Daylight Savings.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    786 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    There is bill that passed both house on Florida governor's desk waiting to be signed to remove Florida from Daylight Savings.
    I would like to stay on DST. Keep the time an hr ahead.
    Last edited by Billieg; Nov 03, 2019 at 09:09 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    7688 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    So now it’s 10 degrees colder since the change to DST. I don’t care for it! Never did never will.

ďStrive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.Ē
    Ė Albert Einstein

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    6401 times
    Did Y'all not read Jason in Enid's reply. We did not just set our clocks to DST. We just went on standard time! DST begins in March.If we do away with DST we will lose an hour of evening daylight in the summer!
    roygpa, Trezurehunter and Billieg like this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    284 times
    How’s your dfx working after all these years I have one also, any tips or advice on using it

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    6401 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er12 View Post
    How’s your dfx working after all these years I have one also, any tips or advice on using it

The DFX worked fine but I have quit using it. I was in a car wreck about 5 years ago and had vertebrae in my neck fused. It became difficult to swing the DFX all day so I bought the XP Deus. I can swing it with no problem. I keep the DFX as a back up/loaner machine. If I could still handle it I wouldn't have bought the Deus. I also have a White's 6000, XLT and Coin Master. I found the Coin Master in the dumpster at my old work place.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    Did Y'all not read Jason in Enid's reply. We did not just set our clocks to DST. We just went on standard time! DST begins in March.If we do away with DST we will lose an hour of evening daylight in the summer!
    You are correct my friend. I think some people are confused as to which time we are in now. DST just ended and we went to Standard time as you said. Everyone here who wants it to stay light longer, wants to stay on DST, (as I do).
    roygpa likes this.

us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    584 times
    Just another example of man's way of adapting the environment to himself.

I don't care what the clock says.
    It could say it's 3:00 in the morning at noon for all I care.
    Just as long as it's 3:00 at noon every day of the year.
    Msbeepbeep likes this.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    15365 times
    Ya, just pick one! I'm tired of being a ping long ball.
    Clock in the bed room wasn't changed from last year, so it's now right. Clock in the kitchen hasn't been turned back yet, so it's wrong....I just go by my phone and someone else sets that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links