No Sound on my MXT E-Series Eclipse 950
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 3 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: No Sound on my MXT E-Series Eclipse 950

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2019
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Whites MXT Whites MX Sport
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

No Sound on my MXT E-Series Eclipse 950

New metal detecor owner here. I have a whites MXT e-series 950 eclipse. Sadly no sound. I can barely hear the coil noise when on targets. Tried a different set of headphones. Same problem. Any suggestions?

Joe
    Treasure Coast Area
    Florida

us
    Jan 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
    535 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'm not at all familiar with that machine but other than audio does it have another indicator that it is in fact detecting the target?
    Last edited by joe_dirt; Nov 04, 2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12172 times
    Metal Detecting
    Does the speaker work with no headphones?

Which headphones are you using?
    wingmaster and Loco-Digger like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Nov 2019
    Treasure Coast Florida
    10 times
    Everything seems to work great. It detects perfectly. Display functions as it should. I tried different headphones. I also tried taking the control box apart and verified that everything is plugged in. Again, with headphones in I can barley hear anything with threshold gain all the way up. The only thing I haven’t tried is putting new batteries in it but the display shows batteries are good. Awesome detector. $800 new. I’d love to figure this out.

us
    Nov 2019
    Treasure Coast Florida
    10 times
    Thank you for replying. The speaker does not work when headphones are unplugged. Please see my description of troubleshooting below. This is driving me crazy : (

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    839 times
    White's has a two year warranty weather your the original owner or not, should be able to tell year made by the sticker in the battery box lid I believe. If not I would send it to White's in Oregon they usually don't charge much so shipping might be the most cost, call them first to let them know your shipping it and make sure to include a note of the problem. HH

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12172 times
    Metal Detecting
    Headphones use less battery than the internal speaker. The circuit should be complete for the internal with no headphones, but physically plugging in the headphone jack should open that circuit and connect in the headphones. Different detectors use single channel or stereo connectors - so it's common to hear out of only one earpiece. Detector Pro headphones have a switch to use either system.

But in your case I'm guessing the circuit isn't connected - so the speaker is disconnected but plugging in the jack doesn't work, either. I would definitely send it back if under warranty. You open the casing you own the problem.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Nov 04, 2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Davers, joeyandlauren and MRBeyer like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6445 times
    No sound from the box or HP's ; Don't sound good to me .

I do hope it's an easy fix , as that MXT should serve you well.
    GD
    joeyandlauren likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Nov 2019
    Treasure Coast Florida
    10 times
    Called Whites. They feel it's the "sound amplifier" on the main board. Nothing I can fix. I'll be shipping it off. Looking at $130-$140 including shipping. Thank you all for your advice.
    Joe the Treasure Hunter
    Treasure Coast Florida

Minelab Equinox 800
    MX Sport
    MXT

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links