Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you all for the most kind words! I’ll update our progress on this site as events unfold.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are great saves for history. And I worry about deer when I am hunting. Can't imagine worrying about gators, mating or otherwise. Used to go to Naples, FL every year back in the 80's. Gators were protected for so long they got very big.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recoveries. In Gator Infested water? Thats not the only things made of brass in that water.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
On behalf of our team, I thank you all for those kind comments. Each and every one on our team deserves much credit for the great success of this on-going project regardless of the specific role they played and the contributions they made to retrieve, record, research, catalog, preserve, display and therefore save this piece of local history for generations that follow to appreciate. I salute them all and thank the Treasure Net Moderators for the Banner award.

Our project will most likely continue this coming spring/summer contingent on favorable conditions...stay tuned.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the find and making the banner. That is one heck of a find to say the least.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Grandfather GGG fought in the Indian Wars. Would like to research his service now!

Thanks for posting!

geo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On behalf of our team, I thank you all for those kind comments. Each and every one on our team deserves much credit for the great success of this on-going project regardless of the specific role they played and the contributions they made to retrieve, record, research, catalog, preserve, display and therefore save this piece of local history for generations that follow to appreciate. I salute them all and thank the Treasure Net Moderators for the Banner award.

Our project will most likely continue this coming spring/summer contingent on favorable conditions...stay tuned.

Yeah, waiting on gator mating season to make it interesting...LOL

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are "one up" on me... never hunted gator mating water.

Hmmm

"Gator Mating Water"... Sounds like a mixed drink. heh

Yeah, blood and water.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great great post amazing finds

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool finds indeed!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
My hunting buddy and I revisited the Seminole Indian War site yesterday for a couple of hours and found two musket balls...one had been fired thus deformed and one dropped and in perfect condition.

Musket Balls.3.14.20.jpg

The water level had receded so we thought we would give it a try. We found several "what'sits" that rang up as iron but were so encrusted that we couldn't determine what they really were but we saved them anyway. I also found a modern penny and a 1965 quarter...big deal eh?

We were in knee deep water for the most part but the musket balls found were somewhat closer to the shore line in ankle deep water.

We did see 2 gators who fortunately behaved themselves and kept their distance! :thumbsup:

The search continues....

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the period ring is still being made today and sold at cheap silver kiosks in the malls. It may be ca. 1985-date unfortunately.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I think the period ring is still being made today and sold at cheap silver kiosks in the malls. It may be ca. 1985-date unfortunately.

Thanks for the note. I realize anyone can easily be wrong on such things and since we couldn't properly ID it immediately, we researched period jewelry in several sources and consulted others more knowledgeable in this area than we were and all indications pointed toward this being an authentic period ring. Admittedly, we could still be wrong but I really don't think so. The photo above doesn't do it proper justice for authentication purposes I'm afraid.

Soldier on...

sandfisherman

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2017
East Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Exuinox 800, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
I am the one with the scary hand that found the Ring, Bayonet and Anchor and researched the ring. The two experts I sent photos agreed that it was period. Naturally they could not be 100 percent certain. It was found at the same depth and only feet away from the other objects.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I am the one with the scary hand that found the Ring, Bayonet and Anchor and researched the ring. The two experts I sent photos agreed that it was period. Naturally they could not be 100 percent certain. It was found at the same depth and only feet away from the other objects.

This man was an invaluable member of the team. An excellent detectorist, a dedicated teammate and a loyal friend. Gary made an unsurpassed contribution to this whole effort.
Thanks buddy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread