Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A botched foot operation about 10 years ago has left me pretty crippled up and it just gets worse and worse. I walk badly on the side of my right foot and can ruin a new shoe totally in about a month or less. This problem causes knee problems which lead to the hip and then of course the back. Back pain and hip pain are part of my life now and I am tired of it. The first operation was sheer murder pain wise and I have been trying to avoid surgury again but I can barely walk now. So, get Xrays on Feb 4th at the VA hospital before seeing the foot surgeon. They work with all kinds of problems so surely they can fix mine. Just want to be able to walk better than I can now. This in turn would help me being able to detect even more so. So, no idea when they will get this done but I sure hope that it is soon because I am more than ready.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope the surgery goes well for you DL and that you're back in the field better than ever! Thanks for your service too!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I suffered with a bad knee for years. Family has knee & hip issues. I went in 2018 and got a knee replacement done. Its been great! No issues at all. I hope yours turns out well for you.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wishing you well at the Doctors office and surgery! :icon_thumleft:

I will pray you.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you the best. If you can't enjoy your passion (detecting) because of the pain, it is worth rolling the dice on another surgery, in my opinion.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be fine have faith

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone. The VA hospital in Little Rock has been very good to me over the years and I know that they can do what needs to be done. There is no really great time to have surgury for me but I'll take what I can get and be happy. I have a great nurse so that part is taken care of. As a lot of people know, the VA can be a little slow on things but not always. These people deal with all kinds of limb problems all the time as you can tell in a visit to a VA hospital. I just keep losing ground on my walking and something has to be done if I want to keep doing anything outdoors. Our health can be taken for granted but when it is gone, you realize how valuable it really is. I am still young (to some) but you reach a point where age just takes over. Ah, to age gracefully.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread