fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a problem, kind of. My last remaining brother passed away last October and I came into possession of his few belongings, one of which was an XLT that I gave him years ago. My son came home from Arizona for Christmas and I was showing him my brothers stuff. He said he would like to have a metal detector and I said he could have the XLT, that I would send it to him.
But, the more I think about it the less I am ready to part with it. My son has had stuff stolen from his truck in the past and I just don't want to lose my brothers detector like that. So I think I would rather buy him one which brings me to the question; what machine would you get? I have looked for used XLTs without success and I don't want to put much over $400 in anything I get him. He has used a DFX before when I took him out for a couple hunts so he does know a little about detecting.I am considering the new Nokta Simplex.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a problem, kind of. My last remaining brother passed away last October and I came into possession of his few belongings, one of which was an XLT that I gave him years ago. My son came home from Arizona for Christmas and I was showing him my brothers stuff. He said he would like to have a metal detector and I said he could have the XLT, that I would send it to him.
But, the more I think about it the less I am ready to part with it. My son has had stuff stolen from his truck in the past and I just don't want to lose my brothers detector like that. So I think I would rather buy him one which brings me to the question; what machine would you get? I have looked for used XLTs without success and I don't want to put much over $400 in anything I get him. He has used a DFX before when I took him out for a couple hunts so he does know a little about detecting.I am considering the new Nokta Simplex.

I think you hit the nail on the head, he'll love it.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add that my son is 44 years old although I don't understand how he could be that old seeing as I turned 50 on the last birthday I celebrated!:icon_scratch::icon_jokercolor:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's funny!! Get him something new so he has the warranty and all to go with it just in case.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say at pro simple to use water proof great machine

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wireless Simplex may work well. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might wait to see what the new Minelab Vanquish is like. Seems like the prices are inline with the Notka Simplex. If the Vanquish is anything like the Equinox it should be a good machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread