My Favorite Cereal when I was A Kid was CLACKERS .

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of Clackers cereal either. The only Clackers that I remember were the two glass balls suspended from strings joined by a ring that you held. You'd move the ring slowly at first up and down to get the balls bumping together, moving a little faster until you had them bamming above and below, making a loud racket. We took them to school and played with them on breaks. Probably get expelled for that kind of fun nowadays.

Clackers-FeatureImage.jpg

That's the same clackers that came to my mind. (I can't remember how many people lost teeth from them. :icon_scratch: )

As for cereals, with 7 kids in the family we couldn't afford Wheaties. So un-sugared Corn Flakes became my favorite and my siblings called them "Peeties Wheaties"! :laughing7:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never ate Clackers, but had about 3 sets of the glass ones.
I was a PRO, clacking them things, at lightening speed. :laughing7:
Busted the glass balls, strings broke,
I'm lucky no one was ever seriously hurt, from them things! :laughing7:

At grandparents, always had Special-K, with powdered milk, ughhh… :BangHead: :laughing7:

At home, Tony Tiger Flakes, cause "THEY'RE GREAT"! :laughing7:

Occasionally, some Fruit Loops, but, mostly Frosted Flakes.
Dad did the Raisin Bran, I couldn't stand that stuff! :laughing7:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best cereal ever....BUC WHEATS! Closest thing I’ve ever found to them are Honey Nut Frosted Flakes. Don’t forget to use CHOCOLATE MILK in that bowl!:icon_thumright:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outside of the frosted flakes with xtra sugar added, my sister and I got to try all that was out there roughly between '70-'72.
We had a plan...whatever toy prize that looked appealing, I'd hand her the box while she was seated in the cart. She would open the box and start eating it while reaching for the toy, forcing our parents to buy the cereal. This plan worked good too when we were with the g'mas and aunt's. I don't remember us not liking any of what we had especially when the twin pines milkman dropped off the milk! Were in our mid 50's of age now and we both still have all our teeth in great condition. lol

Jon
8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
My parents would not buy Sugar Pops or Frosted Flakes , so I convinced them to get CLACKERS .....and there was a free Balsa Wood airplane in every box !
It was a great flyer .

i remember getting a balsa plane from out of a box of cereal too but dang if i can remember from which one though ? i'ma zombie are zombies expected to remember that ? i had to eat all that sugar to get the energy to go and throw that plane around for an hour. now what are kids supposed to do these days after they eat all that sugary cereal ? oh i know the answer to that dont tell me ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I still eat my lucky charms fruit loops and sugarbears

ah ? maybe thats where my good luck charm is hiding ? what were they again ? pink hearts ? purple moons ? oh yeah green clovers ? 4th one ? maybe u need to eat boxes and boxes ? ur luck aint much better than mine ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread